Thyroid Disorders Community
High anti-thyroglobulin anti-tpo - what does it mean for my health and ...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

High anti-thyroglobulin anti-tpo - what does it mean for my health and fertility?

I just received my blood test results. Anti-thyroglobulin 109 (normal >1u/ml 0-40), anti- TPO A6, 335 (normal >1u/ml 0-50) and ESR 22 (normal > mm/hr 3-9). Other thyroid results are within normal ranged. Used to have hyperthyroidism 7-8 years back.

Failed IVF at implantation stage 3 times (2 fresh IVF cycle and one ET).

what are the impact of the blood test results to my fertility and health?

any advice is much appreciated.

Thank you.
Best regards.
Hashimoto's can be characterized by periods of hyperthyroidism, in the beginning stages; that could have been your issue 7-8 yrs ago, but of course, if antibodies weren't tested, then, you'd have no way of knowing.  

Are you currently on a thyroid replacement medication?  Your Free T4 is very low in the range, and without a Free T3, it's hard to say whether you are converting the Free T4 adequately. Do you think you can get your doctor to do a Free T3 test?  

Without adequate hormones, it will be very difficult, if not impossible to get pregnant/maintain a pregnancy.  You might talk to your doctor about starting a trial dose of replacement medication and see if that helps.
High TGab and TPOab indicates that you have an autoimmune disease called Hashimoto's Thyroiditis.  With Hashimoto's the body sees the thyroid as foreign and produces antibodies to destroy it.  This usually happens over time, but sometimes it goes pretty quickly.  As thyroid tissue is destroyed by the antibodies, it will produce less and less of the necessary hormones, T3 and T4, and you will become hypothyroid (underactive).  There is no specific treatment for Hashimoto's and it can't be cured, but the resulting hypothyroidism can be managed by taking adequate amounts of thyroid replacement hormones.

Can you please post the actual results to your other thyroid tests?  Results can be in range, without being "normal" for you.  Be sure to include the reference ranges, which vary from lab to lab and must come from your lab report.

Yes, this can affect, both, your fertility and overall health.
Thyroxine, free (results  12.6, pmol/L , expected range 10.0-23.0)
TSH (results 1.32 mIU/L , expected range 0.45-4.5)
Anti-thyroglobulin (results 109 IU/mL, expected range 0-40)
Anti- TPO Ab (results 335 IU/mL, expected range 0-50)

Anti-Nuclear Ab  -results Negative.

im not sure how to write my ANTI-THYROGLOBULIN ---736.7 IU/ml and ANTI-TPO  ---1318.4 MEANS WHAT PLEASE ???
Elevated TPOab and TGab is indicative of Hashimoto's thryoiditis.  Hashi's is an autoimmune disease and the most prevalent cause of hypothyroidism in the developed world.

Don't be alarmed at the high numbers.  We often see numbers in the high hundreds, or even thousands, on diagnosis.  Just to give you some perspective, my TPOab was 900+, and my TGab was 3,000+ on diagnosis.  The test is basically either positive or negative.  
Just had a complete thyroid pannel done.  My dr. doesn't know anything about thyroid disease and wants to cut my meds in half!! Been Hypo for over 13 years. Im terrified to do this.  My TSH is .044 Free T4 1.97, T3 Total 102, T3 uptake 35, AB Anti-TPO is 17. I have been on 150 MCG for the past year.  Had a total Hystorectomy Feb 22.  I did agree to cut down to 125 MCG and had been on this for 2 weeks when I had panel done. Help...I have severe symptoms of HYPO and there are not any Endo's close to where I am at.  I am to the point that I can hardly function.
What is the range on your FT4. and TT3?  Ranges vary lab to lab and have to come from your own lab report.  

Please list your symptoms.

I have Anti TPO=19.83 and TSH=1.22 , do I have a problem in thyroid?
What's the range on your TPOab?

Do you have thyroid symptoms?

Did they run any other tests?