High cortisol but no weight gain
All my tests for cortisol are coming back high (DHEA is also high and aldosterone is very low)  I have lost weight, tho, rather than gained weight, a common symptom of Cushings.  I did the petrosal sinus sampling and it came back low so that told the endo it was adrenal - but a ct scan of the adrenals says they look perfectly normal.  Where is the cortisol coming from?  Can it be caused by something other than the adrenals, pituitary or ectopic tumor?  My thyroid blood test results: Free T4 is 1.3 (range 0.9-1.8) Thyroid stimulating hormone 1.16 (range 0.40-5.0), Total T3 86 (range 60-181) and testosterone 69 (range <86)  Are there thyroid problems that are not dedected by these blood results that could be causing high cortisol?  Thank you for any replies.  I have been searching for over a year now!
There is no additional thyroid testing that would likely help.  If you have biochemical evidence of Cushing's, then you should continue trying to determine the source.  This may involve going to university based or Mayo Clinic type setting.
I have tried to determine the source of cortisol...including a petrosal sinus sampling, and cannot find it...plus I have lost weight (not cushionoide)  Additionally, my thyroid is swollen and stiff...
This might be a longshot but try getting your parathyroid gland tested - this causes high calcium and evidence shows that additionally, this may cause high cortisol levels. I'm in the prcoess of trying to get to the bottom of a complex endo issue myself. Your symptoms sound alot like mine.