Thyroid Disorders Community
High levels of thyroglobulin antibodies

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

High levels of thyroglobulin antibodies

Hi, I am 34 yr old female.
My blood result shows high level of thyroglobulin antibodies
reads:    
48   H      <20 IU/mL

What does it mean?
Should I be really concern about it?
Could regular intake of Vitamin C interfere with high levels of antibodies in the blood, especially in my case resulting in high levels of thyroglobulin antibodies.
Can I do anything as far as diet or making changes in everyday activities is concerned to bring this level down?
You cannot do anything that I know of to change the antibody number.

48 is high by the laboratory standard, and it is a positive result for an autoimmune antibody. It is not really very high, when you compare score cards, but it is a problem.

It probably would not negatively impact your thyroid function until it was over 200. It may possibly in time drop back down to below upper limit. Or it may get higher.

Have you had any other antibody tests run? TPOab? TSI?

TGab (48) is an autoimmune antibody, and as such indicates an autoimmune condition. Yours is very low, but positive is positive.