Thyroid Disorders Community
High monocytes/low tsh/high free t3

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

High monocytes/low tsh/high free t3

I had recently posted that a few years ago a nodule was discovered on my thyroid. I had a test done at the time that found the thyroid to be hot (hyper thyroid), I was then diagnosed with graves disease. Since this time (approximately 6 years ago) aside from a couple of thyroid level labs, nothing more had been done. However, I recently became pregnant (Oct) and then had a miscarriage, I had lost about 18 lbs and this promted a series of new thyroid tests, which in the end has led to me being referrred to an endocrinologist, I was given a copy of my thyroid ultrasound, labs and uptake. The results of my tsh, free t3, and CBC, all came back with abnormal results. And the most recent thyroid ultrasound has shown a significant in crease in size of the nodule,
My endo has scheduled me for a biopsy on the 18th of January since there is solid mass to the nodule that does appear to have blood flow to it, my question is this. In my CBC there is an HF next to my monocytes result, the HF stands for H=High, F= footnotes, I was wondering IF it IS thyroid cancer can that make the monocytes high or is there something different to be concerned with? I do know that as a rule monocytes are the bodies defense for fighting off bacterial infections, but that in SOME instances it can also be positive when certain cancers are presnt.
Or does anyone know where I can find more in depth info on monocytes, the internet is full of inconsistent information. If you know of a site (that you trust) that can explain a correlation between thyroid issues and CBC's please let me know. Thank you very much
How do I delet this?
Hi there.. Monocytes are a type of white blood cell and are usually increased when a person has an illness or an autoimmune type disorder. Did you get tested as well for thyroid antibodies? It is not an indicator of cancer. Although they are often increased (greatly) in some forms of cancers.

I know it is difficult but you are just going to have to be patient and wait for the biopsy to come back for the answer. There is no point in jumping the gun just yet.

What were your actual levels with the test results? Put the ref ranges here too.

You'd be best to read the Merck Manual or a medical site to read up on issues regarding thyroid and CBC's, be warned though, they are often difficult to understand without having some medical knowledge. You can easily mis-interpret and get yourself more concerned.

The only true test of cancer is calcitonin and Thyroglubin.

Don't worry just yet, even though I am sure you are freaking out!

Any updates? My mono#, and a few other things were flagged high when I had my flare, but about a month later it returned normal. I also have a nodule, and let me tell you...googling nodule and high mono# is just asking for a panic attack, lol!