Thyroid Disorders Community
High thyroglobulin Antibody and thyroid peroxidase
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

High thyroglobulin Antibody and thyroid peroxidase

I was recently in the hospital (2/13/09) due to lack of gag reflex and swallow was given IVIG and high dose steroids.  I am 40.  I have a chronic neck ache and my eyes always hurt.  The MD initial diagnosed me with myosthenia gravis but all  came back negative, (Acettyl rec ab binding 0.4, all others were not measurable) but ANA was 1:640 homogeneous and speckled for at least 10 years but never addressed.  I am allergic to iodine and my
Thyroglobulin Antibody is 34.5    (0.0 -3.9)
Thyroid Peroxidase in      64.7    (0.0-14.4)
ANA                            1:640     (1:80)
ANTI-DNA/single            26         (0-19)
I also had a Tensilon Test and all of a sudden I could swallow and hear in my right ear and breath through my nose, they said I had MG but then took me off mestonin after discharged from hospital and my swallow is going again and my neck is hurting more everyday. The doctors want to see me in 6 months and said not to worry about the thyroid levels, even though I have no gag and swallowing is difficult.  I am a PICU nurse and I have medical knowledge with kids, but this threw me.  BTW mom has lupus dad has myasthenia gravis.
Thanks for you time,
Karinski