Hoarse Voice
OK, I know I'm jumping the gun because I haven't had my biopsy yet but I know from my reading that a hoarse voice is a sign of thyroid cancer.  I have had a gravelly throat since October when I talk for more than a few minutes--not gravelly ALL the time--when they discovered a "cyst" in my throat next to the uvula.  Wondering if it really wasn't a cyst all this time.  How often would nodules appear on the inside of the throat.  Thought hoarseneess was related to this cyst but now have doubts.  Any thoughts?
I have had hoarseness about the same amount of time as you, only now it's worse and I can feel it all the time when I talk now. I am scheduled for a scope the 27th. I am scared, really. I have no advice for you, I am new to this. I just started the whole going to the dr process last week, but good luck to you. Someone will respond who has more experience. Just wanted to let you know you aren't alone.
Hi, I have a question about the hoarsness sxs you get, does it also feel like sore raw tight upper upper airways like a touch of bronchitis or cold w/ swollen neck?

I get this w/ every dose change since day one at start of synthroid tried others react to all it lasts for many weeks.

Docs act puzzled but it happens w/ out fail.  

thank you...
My daughter had bilateral vocal cord nodules that caused the same symptoms you describe.  These can cause same symptoms you describe .. I note this so as not to jump the gun with cancer thoughts ... vocal cord nodules are benign.  They thought my daughter's hoarseness was from Flovent for asthma (inhaled steroid) but then they did a scope and realized she had these benign nodules ..... long story short they are finally gone .. took a keen ENT to realize she had these lesions and that undiagnosed reflux was making them worse for the longest time until they did a trial of Prevacid and after 6 mos they WENT AWAY .. it was the weirdest most bizarre thing for a 10yr old to have .. even my thyroid ENT was awed when I told him the story but I mention it to help ease your mind that simple things can cause weird symtpoms.

Let us know how you make out,
Cheryl
No, it's not all the time.  If I have to speak more than a few minutes, it feels like there's dust in my throat.  I have attributed it to this cyst that's hanging there, the one that the ENT says is "just a cyst" but you know how your mind works--now that I know I have a nodule on my thyroid, could it be related?  I will find out after next week's scan but I'm really, really good at worrying ahead of time.  I do know that hoarseness is a warning sign of thyroid cancer and I'm remembering my mother who was a non-smoking lung cancer victim and who would complain, months before her diagnosis, of having to clear her throat because of hoarseness.
Yup, the unknown isn't a fun place.
Thanks so much--the throat area is certainly bizarre--I've heard more reports of things  that mysteriously disappear.  After it gets you all worked up--poof, it's gone.  Oh, were everything that easy!!