Hot flashes after surgery
I had my left side of my thyroid taken out last Thursday. Ever since I been having hot flashes all day and all night comes and goes. Is it from my surgery? Look I am new at this Thyroid thing I know nothing. Please help
Deb
It could be a reaction to the anesthesia.  How old are you?  Soon after my TT and RAI I found out I was in menopause at age 46.  
I am 51 and have do the menopause thing. The office just call and said he would talk about it when I go see him. It is like over 100 here and I have my air down to 69 my light bill is going to be high. I am the one that is frozen here at night. So this is new to be hot. Thanks for your post.
Deb
If you're having "power surges", ask you doctor for Effexor, which is technically an anti-depressant that for some unknown reason takes care of the power surges.
its totally normal. I had it after both thryoidectomies, it WILL go away i promise!

Rachel