Hot thyroid nodule
Has anyone had a hot thyroid nodule with hypothyroidism?
898
This condition is possible when the nodule supresses the thyroid function.
I have been determined to have a fairly large right lobe nodule.  Just completed ultrasound & nuclear medicine thyroid scan.  All my lab work points to HYPERthyroidism.  My scan revealed INCREASED UPTAKE in right side (which is where the nodule is located) but NO uptake on the left side (which is the 'normal' side) - what does that mean?  I have read that cold nodules are more concerning as the contrast is not even going into that nodule/lobe and hot means increased uptake which is supposedly that the contrast is going through the nodule/lobe which is supposed to be a good thing.  I am curious as to how one side of my thyroid (with the nodule) is having increased uptake and the 'normal side' with no nodule is not.  Any clue?  I'm confused.  Thank you.
Your pituitary is trying to compensate for increased hormone production there fore it shuts down the thyroid  the hot nodule is the only thing producing hormone right now; once it going to be removed or ablated the rest of thyroid will wake up and produce hormones