How bad can hypo really make you feel?
I had lab work done a week ago that showed TSH at 3.52.  My doctor just started me on Synthroid 25mg.  I had been in to see him a few times in the last few months feeling so tired and run down, tingles in hands and feet, high cholesterol, constipation, cold, headaches, dry skin and hair and depression from being so tired all the time.  They are running the rest of the thyroid labs now and I'll have those on Monday.  I also found a bunch of old lab reports (from another doctor) that show that my thyroid has been somewhat off for a long time, although it looks like the T3 and T4 have been in normal ranges on those old labs.  I don't know how to read this stuff.  It's just that, except once, when my TSH was 7.5, other than that it's been more like 3.5 to 4.5 range these last 5 to 6 years.  That's not serious hypothyroid, in fact, some would call that a normal number, so with numbers like that, what do you really feel like?  Could a TSH of 3.52 really make you feel this bad?  I get up, get dressed every day, and just want to crawl back in bed exhausted.  That's not normal.  
Thank you..
Rendy
WEll hypo can make you feel pretty d@mn bad. I think that the best tsh is under 3.0 buit everyone is different I feel my best at .1 but then I am on cancer suppression.
but the lab refe ranges are .3 to 3.0 now. anything above that makes you feel bad.
give your synthroid about a month and hten you should see some improvemnet.
Love Venora
Well, before I had any of this cancer stuff I was hypo and just went to the doc every 6 months and had blood drawn and got my medicine refilled. It stayed at 100 mcg for 14 years. Then, one day they called me and said it needed to be increased. So, long story short I found out I had a nodule and called to have all my medical stuff sent to the endo. That's when I found out that for 14 years my tsh was in the 4-5 range the whole time and I felt perfectly fine. Then it went up to 5.5 and I still felt perfectly fine.  Then after the cancer it went up to the tripple digits and I felt like I was on death's door.  I think it's different for everyone!
Dear Rendy,
       I have recently been diagnosed with hypo - the GP had been telling me I was what he termed borderline for years but Ive discovered it was actually 6 and despite my going to him and asking him for tests for tiredness, and lack of energy over past ten years he did not deem that reason to treat me. Recently my symptoms spirraled and I frankly felt over 80 and I am 39. I had such bad joint pains that I felt it must be rheumatoid arthritis or lupus or similiar, I wasnt coping at work -felt like crying all the time and just wanted to sleep 24/7. On top of this I would be cold with three layers and the heating on whilst my hubby was complaining our house was like a sauna! I have had little sex drive past year or so and had no energy to exercise- oh and gradually over past ten years I have put on five stone of excess flab despite not eating that much and trying to diet unsuccessfully. Frankly I felt like death warmed up and began to have thoughts that I was fat and worthless and it was my fault I was like this becos the doc kept saying no your not aneamic etc and dont need treatment for what he termed borderline hypo. Then recently I went and said this is not normal and asked him to repeat all the tests and said I felt I had something awful I felt so bad. My tsh was 15 and he avoided my question about the t3 and t4 just saying I have been seriously underactive. Although far from normal I have improved already since commencing 50mcg of levothyroxine eleven days ago, (doc thinks I will probably need 100mcg).  So in summary hypo can make you feel absolutely awful and some folk apparently feel just as bad when their figures are only slightly out. I would say keep pestering the doc and your right that level of exhaustion is not right so make him see that and keep testing till he finds what the beep is going on for you. I regret not oushing my doc years ago maybe I wouldnt have five stone to lose if I had!

Love Manxie xx
I don't mean to be short and it really is a bad thing. - But there is a reason they call it hypohe//  for a reason.
I am going through hypohe// right now for testing after cancer.  It can get REALLY bad.  Every joint, bone and muscle in my body hurts.  I have a new nickname- Pokey.  I can't walk fast at all, and after I do anything, I have to rest.  I am the extreme right now- my tsh is probably in the 80's range right now. Luckily, I started my meds yesterday. Relief is on the way.
Oh dear lord I feel for you! I cannot imagine what a tsh of 80 feels like when I felt so god awful at 15!! (((redhead))) dont know how you are getting thru! but I send love and good wishes and prayers for your recovery asap!
                  Love Manxie xx
first of all dont worry about the numbers and dont worry about those saying they had cancer it does not mean all those with hypo thyroid get cancer. all the symtoms you mentioned are typical i had the tingly feet also i thought that was one of the sym. that my tyroids were out again. mine are messed up again too. i feel like i could sleep for ever.  be careful what you read of others symtoms or it will frighten you but your symtoms are normal for what your going thru figure youll feel better within 6 wks yea i know long time but tyroid pills work very slowly sucks dont it. get them checked every 6 mos to every year this is a disease and youll have it the rest of your life so dont stop taking your pills once you feel better.
It is very informative for you to be aware of others suffering many symptoms you describe. and with a TSH of over 80 your levels need to be checked every 6 to 8 WEEKS until you TSH returns to normal. NOT 6 months to a YEAR!!

Dear Lord to feel that bad and not be checked appropriately is insane.  

I was 2.8 and had the symptoms you describe (well alot of them) and they told me I was normal .. then they found a nodule and when I ended up on synthroid after my surgery my TSH was 1.8 or below and ALL the symptoms went away ... then they belived me .. how can constipation which was treated with meds for two years just suddenly go away with an altered TSH from meds ..hmmmmm and they all agree I was subclinical!

With a TSH of 1.8 I feel great everyday .. below the 1.8 I don't feel so great and above the 1.8 feel not so great with diff. symptoms.

Ev. 6 weeks blood draws until you find that right point .. IMHO .. not 6 mos.

C~
My tsh was only that high in preparation for my yearly scan for cancer.  I get checked regularly- before I went of my meds, my tsh was .011 for supression.  It just climbed very quickly in the four weeks I was off- I was only supposed to get to 25-30 for testing.  Everyone is different.