Thyroid Disorders Community
How can you tell if you have a goiter or nodule?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

How can you tell if you have a goiter or nodule?

How can you tell if you have a goiter or nodule without going to the doctor first is there any symptoms? I'm hypo and my levels have been off the wall since I gave birth to my son in July. My tsh is 0.089. I have been having some aches in my neck and it feels like it's been sore, and my colorbone has been achy.. Any suggestions??
Related Discussions
6 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Your low TSH would indicate hyper, not hypo. What are your FT3/FT4 scores?

Follow the link to a great article on thyroid self tests:
http://thyroid.about.com/od/gettestedanddiagnosed/a/selftesting.htm

:) Tamra
Blank
624083_tn?1369317863
TSH 0.089
T3 92
T4 1.34

I have Hypothyrodism...
Blank
Strange that your TSH is so low with hypo, but sometimes that does happen. You might have a goiter caused by Hashimoto's Disease, which causes hypothyroidism. TSH can also fluctuate from low to high with Hashimoto's.

Hashimoto's is known to strike women after they give birth. It happened to me. I suggest that you get a thyroid ultrasound and the blood tests for Hashi (TGAb TPOab). This will tell you if Hashi is causing your pain and you can find out if you have a goiter pressing on your collarbone.

In the meantime, I take Selenium once a day for my neck pain/swelling. It is wonderful! It may not work for you if you don't have Hashi, but it's worth a try. You can buy a bottle for under $5 at Wal-Mart.

Are you taking any hormone for your hypo? Synthroid, Armour, etc?
Blank
624083_tn?1369317863
Yes My doctor put me down to 88mcg to help raise my levels...!! I hope it's just because I just had a baby that's why my levels are like that. I do feel a difference since my dose was lowered.
Blank
Good or bad difference? Your doctor should be more concerned with treating FT4/FT3 levels. TSH is a pituitary hormone and doesn't always indicate exactly what the thyroid is doing.

Sometimes, women who give birth experience a temporary thyroiditis. Hopefully, this is your case, but make sure your doc stays on top of this.

Blank
624083_tn?1369317863
Is my other levels low as well??? I actually going to see a new endo my next apt. I can't stand how I'm feeling anymore, I have anxiety something terrible. It just seems like I'm falling apart and I'm only 28 it's awful.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Thyroid Disorders Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eating Control: How to St...