Thyroid Disorders Community
How long does it take to feel better on Armour?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

I just got my first script for Armour today. For those of you who have taken it, how long does it take to feel that it's working. I know it's six weeks for the numbers to be consistent in the bloodwork but I'm hoping to feel some improvement sooner.
Because Armour is a combo T4/T3 Medication, you might feel a bit better on the fatigue side within two weeks, I noticed a nice energy increase at that time, but everyone is different, the T3 ups the metabolism faster than the T4 which your body has to convert to T3. but do not increase the perscribed dosage on your own, this can cause other issues, be patient, I much prefer and have had better results with Armour over both Levo and Synthroid
Thanks so much for the response. I pushed for the Armour based on what I'd read about it so I'm hopeful that it will be a good solution once the dosage is tested and adjusted.
Just be patient! I had to make the same choice about 7 years ago, I did the research and Armour is what I decided as well and still glad I went with the dessicated even though I had problems when they reformulated it a couple of years ago. I am thinking that since you started from scratch with it you should do alright, and if for some reason you don't there are still other natural options. I know that when I had gone quite hypo and started my new med, even a lower dose, I could tell my memory was working better pretty quickly and depression lifted. Definitely follow your doctors advice on increases and try to be patient, you'll be feeling better before you know it! Here's hoping your doctor tests your frees as well- good luck and hang in there!
Will do. Between the thyroid and my freak show of a uterus, I'm just excited to feel at ALL better. I've had symptoms for about a year and hope to feel better sooner than another year. Today I actually had the focus/alertness to sit down and work my fractal/graphic software. Sadly, I've been unmotivated to do that for months now.