How long does it take to get TSH back to normal after coming off thyroid meds?
How long do you think it takes to get your TSH back to normal after coming off thyroid meds?

How many weeks/months?

Thanks!

-------------

I would really appreciate an answer to my first question, foremost and I hope I don't give too much distracting info below which prohibits an answer to my original question.  However, here's my personal dilemma if you are interested in more info after you've considered the first part of my post:

I had a subacute thyroiditis and I have never felt the same since.  I have no antibodies, no family history of thyroid issues.

My TSH off meds (after the thyroiditis) was always between 2.3 and 2.8.  But, I never felt well so I went back on thyroid drugs.  Last summer, I went off the thyroid drugs again.  I waited 8 weeks to get tested and my TSH was an astounding 4.7 (it had never been that high, ever) and I could barely raise my arm.  Alarmed, and worried that I had given it the proper six weeks to return to normal (I had only been on 50 Synthroid), I went back on the meds.  I am sick of being on my couch.  My muscles do not give me the energy to get up and about.  I am sick of it!  Here have been my labs ever since:

03/27/12 Lab Tests

TSH 2.77 (Range: 0.40 - 4.50)
Free T4 1.2 (Range: 0.8 - 1.8) (40 percent of range)
Free T3 3.5 (Range: 2.3 - 4.2) (63.2 percent of range)
Reverse T3 27 (11-32)
RT3 ratio: 13

08/20/12 Lab Tests

TSH 4.70 (Range: 0.40 - 4.50)
Free T4 1.1 (Range: 0.8 - 1.8)
Free T3 3.5 (Range: 2.3 - 4.2)
Reverse T3 15 (11-32)

08/28/12 *****PUT ON 50 MCG of SYNTHROID*****

10/25/12 Lab Test

TSH 2.49 (Range: 0.40 - 4.50)

12/04/12 *****PUT ON 69.64 MCG of SYNTHROID*****

01/xx/13 Lab Test

TSH 1.25 (Range: 0.40 - 4.50)

01/xx/13 *****PUT ON 70 MCG of SYNTHROID*****

02/02/13 Lab Test

TSH 0.22 (Range: 0.40 - 4.50)

02/09/13 *****PUT ON 69.64 MCG of SYNTHROID*****

03/19/13 Lab Test

TSH 0.15 (Range: 0.40 - 4.50)

03/29/13 *****PUT ON 62.5 MCG of SYNTHROID*****
I will also add that endo's have told me to get off it, one endo suggested I get off Synthroid but is okay if I want to stay on it.  Another endo said they don't recommend getting on anyting unless your TSH is above 10 (especially if you don't have antibodies).

When I try any T3 medication, I feel awful so I will not consider that as an option at this point.
First off TSH is a screening tool at best and COMPLETELY and totally inadequate to use to adjust medication dosage.  TSH varies so dramatically in my opinion it is so unreliable that it shouldn't even be used.

The first two tests were great in that you had Free T4 and Free T3 levels.  Your FT4 was at about 30% of the range and the target is closer to 50% so if symptomatic it may make sense to add some T4 mediation.  Your FT3 was about 63% and again the target would be about 67%.  And that should go up with conversion of the T4 into T3.    

Unfortunately the remaining tests ONLY used TSH which as I pointed out is nearly worthless.

I'm a bit confused. What symptoms did you have before you started taking the medication.  By the earlier "free "tests it would seem to indicate that only a relatively small amount of medicine dosage would be needed.  But everyone is different and feels well at different levels. You could be one of those folks who are an outlier.  
Thanks!  Appreciate it.  

How long do you think it would take to get my tsh back to my "baseline" normal (as in, without the influence of thyroid) after getting off thyroid hormone?

I just don't know what to do.
My symptoms are exercis intolerance and generalized fatigue.  That is what I am trying to correct.

I think everyone would react differently. In my case I had a TT and my internist wasn't helping me.  I was in the normal range but as I found out later that was hyper for me.  When he referred me initially to the endo, the endo required all new patients to be off meds for six weeks.   I was worried that I would crash but to my surprise I had no ill effects at all. My palps and tachy gradually subsided and I felt pretty good at the end of the six weeks.  When the endo checked my levels my tsh was 111.