How long have I had hashimotos
I have wanted to ask this and kept forgetting. I was hypothyroid 15 years ago, then, without treatment for a ten year period, had no noticeable symptoms. My TPO lab result was  6771.

I started feeling  obviously hypo a few months ago. Can antibodies get this high in a short time, like a few months, or this years in the making?

I'm just curious if anyone has any idea. Thanks.
When was your antibody test done?  Yes, they can get that high in a short time, or they may have been high all along. We really have  no idea how long you would have had them.

Were you on medication when you were hypo 15 yrs ago?  If so, why did you get off it and go for 10 years unmedicated?  

Hashimoto's sometimes takes years to progress to the point of no thyroid function, but sometimes, it happens quickly.
I was treated with Synthroid years ago but yah was so low I asked my sniff I could try going off. He said I would probably need it but we could try. So I did and because depression and other symptoms never returned and labs were normal, I never went back on synthroid until a year ago when I felt mildly symptomatic. Then symptoms returned with a vengeance a few months ago. I think was due to extreme stress.
"Yah" was supposed to be "TSH." And "Sniff " is "Dr". Darn auto correct!
There are some types of temporary hypothyroidism, which you  may have had years ago; many times those turn out to be Hashimoto's.  Once you have antibodies, you never get rid of them and medication is for life.

As thyroid function declines, due to the Hashimoto's, you will most likely need to increase your medication, periodically to keep levels up.

I forgot to answer your question re: antibody labs. They were done in mid Nov of 2012, just a few weeks ago. I am not aware of them ever being checked before. Thanks so much  for your response. I'm hoping with proper treatment, the antibody numbers may be reduced. Not sure if that is possible but hoping.
I wouldn't worry so much about the number of antibodies.  Once you have them, you will always have them and a few can do just as  much damage as a lot.

For the most part, it's not the antibodies that cause the symptoms; it's the resulting hypothyroidism.
I was hoping if the numbers were reduced, it may slow down the progression. Treatment is the thing regardless, I guess. I'm excited to be on Armour.