How much Selenium?
I want to start taking Selenium as I've had a lot of trouble with tightness in my neck and a lump in my throat since being diagnosed with Hashimoto's and hypo.  How much selenium does anyone take and when is the best time of day to take it?
200 mcg per day. In many multi vitamins. Just take 4 hours apart from hypo meds. Dont take more is all I've found out. Some say this does something for them, I personally could not tell.
i'm using bioceuticals selenium drops - really easy form to use. one drop has 25micrograms of selenium. it says 1 to 6 drops, in the morning. i think it's helped. i take one or two drops, a day, in water. yes, keep it separate from medication.
I take 200 mcg/day and it does help but it took a while.  I can tell a difference if I miss it for a few days, which I've recently done because of things going on in my life and not always having access to my vitamins.  

Yes, keep vitamins/minerals separate from thyroid meds, by 4 hours.
200 does seem to be the magic level...

Good Luck!
I just talked to my family doctor yesterday about taking this.  She advised me to wait until I can talk to the specialist as she is unsure if 200mcg will be too much.  Has this been recommended by anyone else's doctors that this level is safe?  That was her only concern.
If you goggle it, always comes up 200. Its in many multi vitamins in 200 mcg amounts. I have never heard of this being unsafe.

Most family doctors know very little about supplements at all. This is not in medical training.  It will be interesting what your specialist has to say.