Thyroid Disorders Community
How much calcium is too much with Hashimoto?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

How much calcium is too uch with Hashimoto or any thyroid problem.  I noticed on my one supplement called OsteoSheath 4  it is a gluten free calcium supplement, it has 1221mg of calcium (microystalline hydroxyepattie)  and of course other things. I would think the holistic doctor that gave me this supplement wouldn't give it to me if it would endanger my thyroid.  I take it in the afternoon and supper time.  What do you think.  does anybody know or had experience with calcium?     linda
Tags: calcium
From what I understand, calcium should be taken with magnesium in equal amounts to be beneficial.
This has 600 mg of magnesium and D1200iu b6 555mcg and some other stuff.  I just wondered if it was too much calcium for my thyroid.   linda
I would look on the net under hypothyroidism and calcium magnesium.  You might get a better idea of what dosage to take.