Thyroid Disorders Community
Hurricane & Gas

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

Hurricane & Gas

People here in Tn going crazy for gas...Gas lines out on the streets...Horns blowing...Gas went up 30 cents today I guess due to Ike...3.99 a gallon.. Suppose to go up 1.50 more till the end of the day
Some places here 5.49 a gallon..Some places are limiting your purchase to ten dollars. That will about get you home.
Oh, for pete's sake - they're freaking out here in Michigan too.  Lines at the gas stations are ridiculous.  Rumours of gas being $5.50 a gallon and more.  Right now, they're about 3.79 and people are lining up.  Apparently, the governor is holding a press conference about it as I type this.  The state police are asking people to report any huge hikes to the attorney general.
This is crazy.  I'm really tired of them using any excuse to hike up the gas prices - and by so much!  Aaaaarrrrrgggghhhhhh...................
Avatar n tn
We live in Kentucky and some gas prices went up to 4.19 and higher this afternoon.  The governor warned against price gouging on television and prices have dropped to 3.99 or so right now.
Wow!

Gas hasn't gone up here in Maine yet, but I'm sure it will!

Daughter lives in NC and she gets her gas on base...In town was aprrox 5.00.
Crazzzzy
I live in Seattle and our gas prices here are historically one of the highest in the nation (heaven knows why...)  But I just had a IM from a girlfriend and she wrote, and I quote:

"But did I tell you my great gas story from today? After taking my dad to the doctor we ran by the Safeway gas station on the way to his house - they always have the cheapest gas. With my Safeway card, I got a 50 cent per gallon discount, so I paid $3.27 a gallon to fill up my car! Ca-ching!"  

That is SO unheard of here!  It hovers and stays around 4:00 a gallon.  Needless to say, I was shocked beyond.

I'm sure tomorrow will be a totally different story.  I have a friend who owns a gas doc downtown.  I'm wondering what he's thinking right now.  Maybe I'll call him.
Holy cow! With high heating bills coming, we sure don't need gas going up.