Hurthle Cell Metaplasia
I had seven FNA's done of my two Left Lobe Thyroid nodules, completed on November 13, 2009.  Thank Goodness I asked for the Cytology Pathology Reports to be mailed to me.   Hurthle Cell Metaplasia was mentioned being attached to one of the nodules.  One of my nodules was over 2cm in size, and complex in nature.  The other was small and not solid in nature.  What does this mean for me?  My Internist said, "Come back if you have any more Nodules."  ARE YOU KIDDING ME?  Nothing mentioned about the changing, abnormal cells, about surgery, about being followed in six months with more UltraSounds....Nada.  I am very concerned, after doing some research on my own.  I am thrilled to find this website, and happily became a member of this helpful Forum.
If i were you....i would seek a second opinion. The reason I am scheduled for a Total Thyroidectomy is because of the abnormal cells found in the nodule (Hurthle cell and Follicular)...There is no way you can tell if you have any more nodules unless you have an ultrasound or cat scan...I would run fast to another doc. Take care
Thanks for the good advice!!  Getting a really great Endocrinologist soon!!  (She is extremely popular!)