Hyperthyroid? Long term effects?
Hello! I'm hoping I can find someone who is going through chemotherapy and who has become hyperthyroid...Two months ago, just before I started chemo, My TSH was 1.5...Now it's .05 and I have nearly all the symptoms of hyperthyroid..I dread going on even more meds, as the chemo is for my liver...My weight isn't dropping dramatically as yet (it seems to make me hungrier!) but my thyroid gland is enlarging...Does anybody know if I could just forgo whatever nasty permanent thing the endo would want to do, and settle for something temporary until I've recovered a bit from the chemo? I have 3 1/2 months of it left...(I'm thinking the thyroid may go back to normal after it isn't being attacked by chemicals anymore...) What would be the long term risks if I did this?...thanks...      ~Melinda
You might want to post this on the cancer forum too.  My guess is that you may be placed on beta blockers at least during your chemo (if not counter indicated for chemo) to control your BP and heart rate which, as you know, can get dangerously high during hyper.  Talk to your oncologist.

Hang tough sister!!!

Utahmomma
papillary carcinoma