Thyroid Disorders Community
Hyperthyroid and Exercise

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

Hyperthyroid and Exercise

Is it safe to do cardio if you're hyperthyroid? I am currently taking PTU to help my condition. I do 3 days of running and 2 days of cross training (biking). The last heart test I did was last year and it came back ok... what types of heart test should I do to make sure I am ok to exercise?
Dont do any exercise if your heart rate is over 100 resting ...common sense and your body will let you know if its ok.
Ask your Doctor what he/she thinks.
I was banned from exersise whilst hyper because of atrial fibrillation from high levels.
Just take it easy and try not to beat up your body anymore than the hyperthyroidism is doing.
Take Care