Thyroid Disorders Community
Hypo/Lymes

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

Hypo/Lymes

Does anyone here have hypo and lymes disease as some of the symptoms mirror one another?

I was diagnosed with hypo about two weeks ago. Before this occurred, was seeing specialist for my symptoms and one test came back postivie for lymes. He can't treat me for lymes officialy until the other tests come back from the lab.

Does this sound familiar to anyone? JKV
Was you actually bitten by a Tick?
And if so...how long ago?

This is interesting as if you have Lymes disease you would know by now that the body comes out in large bites with an outer circle to them.
The symptoms of Lyme Disease is so very much like Thyroid Issues and that is why I am asking if Lyme was diagnosed via serum or just by observation?

The symptoms of Lymes are, hallucinations, irrational thing, brain fog, skeletal aches and pains and depression.

And when you was diagnosed...was you put on a course of antibiotics to stop the serum spreading through the body?
Sometimes Lymes is misdiagnosed and it really makes me wonder if you do have Lymes.
Thats why I asked about the tick bite.

As for treating you when Labs come back, your Doc shouldve put you on a precautionary course of antibiotics straight away to catch Lymes early.

Personal opinion here (and I am no Doctor)........you would have all the symptoms of Lymes with Hypothyroidism and vice versa.
Hope that helps as I'm curious to know what tests your Doctor ran for Lymes Disease and why he didnt put you on an antibiotic straight away.
You need to find a lyme literate doctor. Don't mess around with a doctor that doesn't start treating right away with a positive test......it is very hard to get a positive test even when you do have it. The tests for lymes are very inaccurate. In the mean time you can look into "natural" types of antibiotics to help yourself if you choose.
Yes the symptoms from Lymes are similar to some of the hypothyroid symptoms, and can make hypo symptoms worse.
Come on over to the complimentary medicine community here if you would like to discuss some natural Lyme treatments. :)
Are you being treated for hypothyroidism? Have you had all the proper tests for your thyroid?
Hi Laura,
thanks for responding. Before posting my question, I noticed that the symptoms of lyme mimic hypo.

I have found a great specialist that deals with lymes primarily with lymes. I go on Thursday for a follow up as I'm waiting for my last test to arrive back from Ca.

I read your bio and you seem very similiar to my symptoms and stories.

I will check out the alternative med forum to learn more about natural remedies for lymes.