Thyroid Disorders Community
Hypo/hyper at the same time?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

Hypo/hyper at the same time?

How is is that I have hypo symptoms and hyper sypmtoms at the same time?  My dosage was adjusted in December and hasn't changed since. In February my TSH was 2,3 and all other levels were great and I felt great.  Felt great till about 2 weeks ago and started feeling funky.  Constipated, tired, racing heart, tongue burning, achiness in my arms, just a combination of hyper/hypo symptoms.  I went in for labs this week and today I find out that my TSH is now .30 but all other levels are great.  My doc wants no change but I don't feel good.   I take 150 mcg of Synthroid 4 days a week and 137 mcg 3 days a week. What if I switch that? Would it make a difference in how I feel with a change that small? Because right now I feel like running a race and taking a nap at the same time. And I can't sleep anymore. What the heck?
You will probably find your Free T4 and Free T3 are not as good as they could be. I am at the moment finding my Free T3 is constantly dropping each month. I am like you..wanting to get out there and run up a mountain but my brain is saying...mountain...that's a big hill, isn't it? I also have heart palpitations and racing thoughts, but my periods are heavier now and my hair is falling out again!
So, to answer your question, yes, you can symptoms of both at the same time.
Probably a good idea to have a look at your Free T4 and Free T3 and check they are in order.
  You may find dropping down to the 137mcg for a few weeks may sort it out for you. You can only try!
Good luck.