Hypofunctioning nodule
I had a thyroid test last week and have findings below:

Thyroid imaging: Minimally enlarged thyroid gland with a possible hypofunctioning nodule on the right. Thyroid gland measures Right - 5.4 x 2.2 cm, L - 5.1 x 2.2 cm; FT4 18.526, TSH  0.816

Neck Ultrasound: Normal sized thyroid gland with cystic nodule in the thyroid isthmus ( 1.2 x 1.1 x 0.7 cm) and complex nodules to the right of the isthmus measuring 0.4 cm and 0.5 cm complex nodule in the inferior pole of the right lobe. the rest of the perenchyma of both both lobes is homogenous in echo structure. There is no enlarged lymph nodes nor extra-thyroid masses.

Doctor suggested for the removal of right thyroid gland and have it biopsy for possible cancer cells.

Can you suggest for other treatment or further procedures other than operation? I'm so worried, please help. Thank you so much.
I'm concerned about the description of the nodule with "HYPO"functioning and the "cystic" echo structure. Usually in these type of nodules when cystic they can be listed as "hot" and "functioning" thyroid hormone which would indicate a "HYPER" functioning issue.

Can you check the report again? If the indication is still "hypo" functioning with the other listing of the structure a second specialist opinion is required in my opinion.