Hypothyroid - multivit supplementation and antibody, FT3 and FT4 test
Hi I was put on 50mcg Levothyroxine in January this year and I am now on 125mcg Levothyroxine. This was increased in June. Although my latest TSH result has shown up as normal my doctor thinks I am on the correct dose but I am feeling more hyperthyroid than hypothyroid.

I have ordered a FT3, FT4 and antibody test and this is booked in for next week. I am also getting a sex hormone profile, vitamin and mineral screen done, too, to see why I am still tired and not getting a refreshing sleep every morning I wake up.
The minerals being tested are: ferritin, magnesium and zinc. Ferritin I am aware was done very recently and was 12 (30-400) but I am with a different doctor and I think she re-ordered ferritin so as to wipe the slate clean and get a fresh set of results.
Selenium was a mineral the doctor could not test, I think she said it was reserved for other patients. She suggested that if I was worried my selenium levels are low I could get a multivitamin supplement.
Sex hormones are being tested to see if I am tired because of them. Only sex hormones I have had tested in the past were LH, FSH, Prolactin, Calcium and Testosterone. No Estrogen or Progesterone. I thought they are hormones? Why were they not tested when the aforementioned were?
FT3, FT4 and antibodies are being tested as well.

If I decide to take a multivitamin now, would it affect my mineral/vitamin screen next week?

Do I need to avoid taking any medications when having the antibodies, FT3 and FT4 done?

Thanks.
I would STRONGLY recommend that you also get tested for Vitamin B-12.  deficiency in this can cause major fatigue.  And the range is HUGE and you will want to at about 800 or more while the range starts in the USA at 200 at the bottom while many other countries the bottom end starts at 500.  So it does not hurt to be WELL up towards the top of the range in B-12

Vitamin D3 also you want to be well up at least 50% of the range if not towards the top.
Thanks for your reply.

If Vitamin B12 is not being tested in the panel my doctor has ordered then I will look to get it done through a different doctor. When it was last tested it was nowhere near 800. I think it was 400.

Vitamin D, not sure if that's been ordered but again, if not included on the panel I will look to get it done through a different doctor, too. It was 59 last time. Not sure if that's 50% in range. Doctor said normal.
While I'm sure a multi-vitamin wouldn't have a major effect on levels in such a short time, I'd tend to want to get a true baseline level by waiting to start the vitamins.

I don't think you take T3 (Cytomel), do you?  That's the only one you don't want to take on the morning of the draw.  
Hi no I don't take Cytomel, only Levothyroxine. I plan on starting it once I know the results of the next blood test which will be done Wednesday.

My thoughts exactly about waiting until the blood draw to take a supplement.
Sorry, in addition to my previous reply - I meant start the cytomel, Levothyroxine is what I already take. I have my reservations in taking it, however.