Hypothyroid & weight loss pills
I have been taking 125 mcg of synthroid for @ 4 years now and in that time I have gained @ 35 lbs.  It is very frustrating since I excercise at least 3 to 4 times a week and eat healthier than I ever have before.  I was thinking about starting Xenedrine or Slimquick to help lose some extra pounds.  Does anyone have any experience with this?  The warnings on the boxes only say that hyperthyroid patients should not take, not hypo???????  Any advice would be appreciated.
I'm hypothyroid/Hashi's also and I've looked at some of the weight loss pills, but always afraid to try any.  I think most of them say something to the effect that "if you take ANY prescription medicine, consult your doctor before taking".  .  

I know that some of them can cause rapid heart rate and other side effects.  I truly think you should talk to your doctor.  And you always have to consider what will happen once you stop taking the pills - will all the weight come back??  

BTW - I gained about 30 pounds in less than 3 months. I'm struggling to get it off, but I've been told by several doctors, as well as some people here that "if/when the thyroid is balanced, you will be able to lose weight".   I'm keeping the faith.  

One suggestion is for you check out the Weight Loss and Dieting forum.  There are a ton of ideas there for losing weight, including keeping a food journal, tracking exercise, etc.  

Good Luck.