Thyroid Disorders Community
Hypothyroid and having trouble losing weight...please help!!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

I have hypothyroidism and have been having issues losing weight. I was diagnosed in 1998 and was able to get it under control and lost so much weight and was back to my normal self. In 2007 I was dying needed a blood transfusion and was taking medication for cancer patients because my blood cells were so destroyed and ever since I cannot lose weight. I hate it! It is frustrating to me and it makes me sad!
Do you have recent thyroid blood work to post?  If so please do with reference ranges that vary lab to lab and have to come from your own lab report.  We can take a look at them and see if your meds seem properly adjusted.

Do you have other hypo symptoms besides difficulty losing weight?