Thyroid Disorders Community
Hypothyroid and miscarriage

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

Hypothyroid and miscarriage

Earlier this year my husband and I relocated and I went to a new doctor for the first time.  During my appointment I told her that we would be trying to get pregnant within the next 6 months to a year.  She sent me for blood tests to check my thyroid levels because I had some indication of hypothyroidism in the past, but had never been on medication for it.  Also, I have thyroid disease in both sides of my family.  My test came back showing that I had slight hypothyroidism.  She said that we wouldn't worry about it yet, and that we would monitor it carefully if I were to become pregnant.  I become pregnant at the end of August, but unfortunately had a miscarriage about a month ago.  I can't help wondering if I should have been put on medication when the issue of my hypothyroidism had originally come up, and if this had something to do with my miscarriage.  She put me on medication a couple of weeks after we  found out that I was pregnant.  Any thoughts?  
Sorry you didn't get an answer to your question, which is most likely because we don't know, or due to so many repeat and/or similar questions, perhaps it was answered in another post, so you might do a thread/post search.

However, if you haven't already, you might go to the Doctor Thyroid Forum and ask Dr. Lupo at http://www.medhelp.org/forums/show/120      OR
at left of page almost top, under "Thyroid Disorders" in red click on "thyroid" it will take you to the forum.

Go to the Medical and Health list of Doctor-to-Patient or  Patient to Patient Forums at: http://www.medhelp.org/forums.htm and chose a forum that fits your condition and/or needs.

If you have posted more than one post per the sites rules for doctors forums, you probably won't get answered.  Or if the forum is full and not taking any more questions for the day, you can try another day.

Good luck and Best of health!