Thyroid Disorders Community
Hypothyroid symptoms won't stop and now coughing
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Hypothyroid symptoms won't stop and now coughing

I was diagnosed last year (Aug 2009) with hypothyroidism.  I started at 50mc of Synthroid, then bumped up to 75 a month later.  Things started to improve until a couple months later when I was bumped up to 100.  My insurance would no longer pay for Synthroid so I was switched to Levothyroxine.  I went downhill quick, skin got rough, hair fell out like crazy, slept all the time 15-18 hours a day, and gaining weight.  I don't know if the change in the dose or the brand caused this.  I was then switched to Armour (90) a day.  It's been over 3 months now since I started Armour, and the only improvement so far is my hair isn't falling out much anymore.  I am still overweight, sleepy and the skin on my face is rough, and I am often dizzy.  In the last 4-5 months, I have started a dry cough that, at times, makes me gag and vomit,sometimes several times a day.  .  Should I stay on Armour?  Is there really a difference between Synthroid and Levothyroxine?  Is there a doctor anyone can recommend in the Sarasota, Florida area?  Is compounding difficult to acquire?