Hypothyroid symptoms won't stop and now coughing
I was diagnosed last year (Aug 2009) with hypothyroidism.  I started at 50mc of Synthroid, then bumped up to 75 a month later.  Things started to improve until a couple months later when I was bumped up to 100.  My insurance would no longer pay for Synthroid so I was switched to Levothyroxine.  I went downhill quick, skin got rough, hair fell out like crazy, slept all the time 15-18 hours a day, and gaining weight.  I don't know if the change in the dose or the brand caused this.  I was then switched to Armour (90) a day.  It's been over 3 months now since I started Armour, and the only improvement so far is my hair isn't falling out much anymore.  I am still overweight, sleepy and the skin on my face is rough, and I am often dizzy.  In the last 4-5 months, I have started a dry cough that, at times, makes me gag and vomit,sometimes several times a day.  .  Should I stay on Armour?  Is there really a difference between Synthroid and Levothyroxine?  Is there a doctor anyone can recommend in the Sarasota, Florida area?  Is compounding difficult to acquire?
Members have reported finding different results among different thyroid meds, mainly due to the variation in fillers and dyes used, and their body's reaction to them.  It is hard for me to imagine that the extent of symptoms you mention could be just due to  changes in brand name of med.  It sounds more like you are not really at the levels of FT3 and FT4 that you need to relieve symptoms.  If you will post your thyroid lab test results and reference ranges from the lab report, then members can help interpret your status.  As far as a doctor, I have sent you some info by PM.