?Hypothyroidic pain in the neck, and head, and ...
Hello - I'm really hoping you can help.  I am a 34 year old woman with hypothyroidism.  I take .75 mg of levothyroxoid daily.  

The last 6 nights I have been awakened with a very intense throbbing headache across the top part of my head.  It hurts sooo bad for about 10-20 minutes and then lets off.  It still hurts in the morning, but not nearly as bad.  During the day it doesn't hurt at all unless I am active, bend over, or get up too fast.  I get the headache attacks at about the same time every night, and so far I have been in the middle of a dream when they happen.  For the last 4 nights, the headache is more intense on the right side of my head, and my right ear has been hurting the last couple of days. Today the right side of my head and around my temple are sensitive to touch, but that is not where the throbbing headache is at.  

I guess I should go back a little and mention that I had a baby 2 1/2 weeks ago.  I delivered naturally with no epideral or anything.  About 5 days after delivery my neck hurt for a couple of days, and when it got better, that is when the headaches started.  I called my OB Dr. and he put me on migrain pills which don't help a bit.  After that I went to our family Dr. and he wasn't sure what was wrong (I do not have an ear infection).  He put me on petosin, but upon filling the perscription the pharmisist strongly reccomended that I not take that drug while nursing (so of course I haven't taken it).  I don't know what to do - these headaches are so bad I dread going to bed at night.  I am so exhausted - I wonder if it might have something to do with thyroid?

...Forgive me for being so lengthy :)
I do not think it is thyroid related - I am no expert or doctor - but it doesn't seem to be a connection - I would assume hormones changes may have something to do with it - but that sounds unlikey too.

I do not know if you believe in this practice - but I have sought chiropractor care in the past for a very similiar situation and it benefits me tremdously. and no interferring drugs for you to worry about with breast feeding.

Good Luck