Hypothyroidism & Allegra
i have been diagoned with higher TSH value (6.76) ...a hypothyroidism condition. I was on antiallergic medicine (Allegra-180 mg/day)  for a year about two year back. I wish to know if my hypothyroidism is the result of one year Allegra intake ? I will appreciate the information and help.
thanks
Well I have had Hashimoto for the past 10 years, and I also have had allergy problems and have taken Allegra D for the past 4 years. I don't think allegra had anything to do with my hashimoto/hypothyroid.
Allegra doesn't cause hypothyroidism. I myself take it and have for a while. In fact Allegra is the only allergy medication that I can take.  :)
thank you Tracey and Laura, for sharing the experiance and giving me this important information. I was really worried, but now some better.
thanks dear
I too take Allegra:) It is the only allergy medicine I tolerate too.... Best wishes!