Thyroid Disorders Community
Hypothyroidism Neuropathy

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

Hypothyroidism Neuropathy

I was just wonder if any of you have experienced Neuropathy due to your thyroid disease? I know I have experienced it intermittently numbness, pain, burning and tingling mainly in my toes for about the last 5-6 years. I have had thyroid disease for about 8 years that I know of. I'm not a diabetic. I was surprised when I discovered a article connecting this Neuropathy to the thyroid. Just wondering if anyone else can relate to this and add any info to the condition? I'm not sure why I experience this sometimes for many many weeks then it goes away. Anyone?
Do you take a "water pill" for blood pressure?  My mom had neuropathy for years, no diabeties, overweight, but she changed from atenalol (sp.) to Norvasc and she has no more neuropathy.
Nope! BP is good.
I have had the same symptoms, Numbness on the bottom of the toes and balls of the feet, prior to December 2008, I was on Metoprolol for High Blood Pressure and now I am on Diovan, I do not have a problem with water, although since I started on treatment for Hashi's I have had an on and off swelling and pain in the ball and bottom of toes on my right foot. I check my BP every day and it averages around 120/65, I now know that increased BP and Cholesterol are caused by Hashi's although I have been told by one foot Dr. that my foot problem is un-related (I have my doubts about that opinion) he also wanted to incise my toe to find the problem, I went to another foot Dr., although by that time the soreness and swelling had gone away? This was about the third episode of this problem since starting Hashi's Meds? Good Luck FTB4