Thyroid Disorders Community
Hypothyroidism and cortisone injection
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Hypothyroidism and cortisone injection

After a number of years of suffering from symptoms of hypothyroidism (25 lb weight gain during last 3 yrs despite diet of less than 1500 calories, depression, fatigue, thinning hair, brittle nails, and recently discovered I have high cholesterol, fasting glucose of 99, vitamin D level (total) of 21, and shoulder impringement/rotator cuff tear) my G.P. ordered a thyroid test for me and my TSH was 3.12 with 1.0 T4 free (I was told that is normal). I am a 48 year old woman, 5'1", 145 pounds. I had hoped we might find a medical cause for symptoms. Yesterday, I saw an orthopedist for my shoulder pain and received a cortisone injection. Although my shoulder pain is about the same, I have been walking through the day with so much more energy than I have had for longer than I remember, and I don't feel like my brain is being crushed with depression today... it's a remarkable, amazing feeling! I am just wondering if there is any chance that the cortisone shot caused this? Because nothing else is changed. Could it mean that I actually DO have a hypothyroid condition, that might actually improve with treatment? If so, how should I proceed? Thank you.