Hypothyroidism in 14 year old girl?
Recently my 15 year old daughter has gain 20 lbs (since December).  Prior to this she was very thin.  She has only had her period 3 times in 2 years.  She has nearly every symptom of hypothyroidism--weightgain, weakness, fatigue, joint pain, dry hair, something on her neck that is bulging (goiter?), irritability, depression, and a very puffy face, The pediatrician ran bloodwork and the THS and T4 came back normal (they didn't run T3), she doesn't seem very concerned.  I'm very concerned about her at this point, because she is barely eating now because of her weight.  My mother-in-law is also hypothyroid (diagnosed much later in life).  What should be my next step.  I feel like I'm being pushy with the Dr. Could it be something else?  Looking forward to your thoughts.  Thanks
At 14 yrs old - your daughter is going through alot of hormone changes and something could be going on with her thyroid. Do you have the labs? If I were you and notice an enlargement I would be doing a monthy neck check on her your self to feel any change. There is a search on neck check on www.about.com to follow.

Could it be there are other issues going on with her? School,family, boyfriends, etc?

Most thyroid issues in younger children can disappear and reoccur later in life. It is very hard at this age to get a Dx. Keep track of all labs ran on her