Thyroid Disorders Community
Hypothyroidism in 14 year old girl?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Hypothyroidism in 14 year old girl?

Recently my 15 year old daughter has gain 20 lbs (since December).  Prior to this she was very thin.  She has only had her period 3 times in 2 years.  She has nearly every symptom of hypothyroidism--weightgain, weakness, fatigue, joint pain, dry hair, something on her neck that is bulging (goiter?), irritability, depression, and a very puffy face, The pediatrician ran bloodwork and the THS and T4 came back normal (they didn't run T3), she doesn't seem very concerned.  I'm very concerned about her at this point, because she is barely eating now because of her weight.  My mother-in-law is also hypothyroid (diagnosed much later in life).  What should be my next step.  I feel like I'm being pushy with the Dr. Could it be something else?  Looking forward to your thoughts.  Thanks
Tags: irritable