Hypothyroidism in Children
How do I find a pediatrician or pediatric endocrinologist to treat my 11 yo daughter?  I live in NE Ohio. Her TSH has been rising over the past couple of years and was 3.65 in October, which is clearly over the new guidelines.  She was tested for antibodies, they were present but not out of the acceptable range of that particular lab.  She is very symptomatic:  dry, puffy skin, delayed growth, weight gain in spite of a healthy diet and regular exercise, she even has dental symptoms such as teeth taking too long to push out, etc.  Her face has gotten so puffy that it appears that she has no neck.  

The endocrinologist said they were definitely concerned about the "rise" in her TSH and want her back in February.  That's a long time for a little girl to wait - and to continue to gain weight and not grow taller.  She is tired of people calling her chubby and thinking she is 8 years old.  Her sisters were both 5'3" by this age.  I was almost my adult height at that age.  She is 4'7".  We have a strong family history of hypothyroidism.  I am on Armour thyroid, my sister is on Cytomel and Synthroid.  My mother was on Synthroid.

I sometimes wish we lived in the day where TSH didn't reign supreme and doctors actually treated for symptoms!
Have her adrenals checked.  February is too long to wait.  See another specialist if this one is not paying attention to her sypmtoms.  It surely is not fair to her to go through this and  I bet she is not feeling her best, either.