I can't remember the answer!
What is the swollen tongue thing and the relation to thyroid?  Woke up looking like that recent picture on someone' profile, but I can't remember who had the profile, just the picture.  

What does a swollen tongue mean?  Did your's kind of hurt?
Hi. It is me with the swollen tongue.

Mine doesn't hurt ot bother me at all.

It can be a sign of hypoT (should go away though, under proper treatment), B12 deficiency, and amyloidosis (scarey disease I don't want to think about) and angioedema.

I am switching from Synthroid to Levoxyl this week to see if it is related to some ingredient. I guess I will know in a week or 2, once the Synthroid is out of my system.

I will update if that is the reason.

What is the timeline of your thryoid disease, treatment and swollen tongue?

One doctor told me it was anxiety!

LOL - anxiety hind parts!!!!  

I found neck swelling at the very end of March and got in to an endo April 3.  He did blood and ordered a US.  US showed heterogeneous goiter no suspicious areas, US report under my journal.  Bloodwork was normal.  TSH 1.040; FT4 1.45; TPOab <10.  Since then I have had some pretty horrible symptoms, extreme fatigue, gained 12 lbs since the 1st endo appointment and I don' t care what he says, I have not changed a thing (except I eat one of those small bag o chips a day cuz I crave salt) and my right side of the neck swells.  I get headaches muscle and joint aches and am very irratible.  Elevated temp on and off (last night back to that fever kind of thing, running 99.8 - which is just enough for me to feel really achey) and I wake up with swelling every morning, it goes down some by about 10 am. - noon, starts to return about 3-4 p.m. and I take 2 ibuprofen or advil pm before bed b/c of the swelling, then wake and do it all again.  I had a CT done 6/4 that showed shotty nodes, opacification (patchy) of the mastoid air cells, enlarged thyroid with right side predominance.  Now I woke up with this swelling tongue.  I does not seem as swollen now, but this a.m. you could see the teeth impressions on the sides. I have one spot on it that is kind of sore, like a taste bud irritation on the side.

I take 25 mcg levothyroxine.  My last blood level (TSH only b/c endo is a jerk) was 0.557.  No doubt from the levo, which is doing nothing for the swelling.  
I get the swollen tongue and mouth ulcers when i am heading HYPER lol
Dont know if that info is of any good to you or if its confused you even more..sorry if it has

Take care :)
How long after starting the levo did you notice the tongue?

I also get low grade fevers. Only about 99.2 ish, but I usually run 97.something, so I notice when it goes up by a degree or so. I feel a little "off" when I get the mild temp increase.

I have a heterogeneous thyroid with 2 small nodules, just under 1 cm so too small to biopsy. I had some discomfort with shirt collars and especially turtle necks until I was on Synthroid for a few months. Even the seatbelt bothered me.
I originally starting taking levo in April (2 weeks) then stopped it b/c I had numb tingles in my chin.  Found out is was really from the chanix I was taking when I stopped them both and resumed the levo in May.  I have been on it consistantly (I did miss a dose but just one) since May and just noticed the tongue this a.m. b/c I brush my tongue every morning and night and it hurt this am so I took a look.  Not noticably swollen now so maybe it was a fluke.
jd2
hi mommy2two,
when i first started on thyroxine i could only tolerate 12.5mcg/day then i went up to 18mcg/day and now im on more than 25mcg. i feel best at a tsh of 1.5. i tried taking no thyroxine and i felt really bad.