Thyroid Disorders Community
I have to switch meds....any suggestions?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

Hey everyone, I just found out that my insurance will no longer cover my Armour Thyroid due to a packaging change.....I've taken synthroid and the generic version of armour and didn't feel anybetter. I can no longer afford armour, so is there any suggestions on what i can talk to my doctor about switching me on????
Will they pay for Thyrolar?

If not, you'll have to go to Synthroid or Levoxyl along with Cytomel.
Avatar n tn
thanks, i've tried synthroid and im allergic to something in those pills....i haven't checked about thyolar, ive actually never heard of it...what exactly is it? t3 t4?
Thyrolar is a brand name of the drug Liotrix.
Liotrix is the generic. Thyrolar is made by Forest labs and is a T4/T3 drug.

It's a synthetic, so I don't know how you would get along with it. It also seems to be limited in doseage choices.

It sounds a lot like Synthroid and Cytomel mixed together. A lot of the fillers sound similar to Synthroid, although I may be wrong about that.