Thyroid Disorders Community
I need medical insight on these thyroid labs ?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

I need medical insight on these thyroid labs ?

TSH 6.82,
FREE T3 4.2 (2-4.4)
FT4 1.4 (.93-1.7)
T4 8.5 (4.5-11.7)
T3 146 ( 80-200)
REVT3 24 ( 8-24)
ANTI THYROID PEROXIDASE LESS THAN 10 (LESSTHN 34)
....DR said he has plenty of thyroid hormone and he has seen teenagers with elevated tsh.
what do you think? He said it is obvious he has not been eating enough and eating right and not getting exercise  and he needs to walk 30 min a day to get his blood circulating and concentrate on eating a balanced diet.He also tested positive for a peanut sensitivity and he used to live on peanut butter and jam before this test...very  picky eater. Subject is 17, skinny, and very smart yet isn't active and stays indoors reading or on computer.
4 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
range on tsh is .27-4.2
Blank
1756321_tn?1377771734
Elevated TSH with normal labs is called subclinical hypothyroidism. There may or may not be any hypothyroid symptoms with this lab result. Exercising, eating better and correcting any deficiency states might see the TSH come down. I'd say retest in say 6 months.

I have read you may become sensitive to foods you eat it often but if you stop eating those foods for some time you might be able to tolerate them again.  

I too am an extremely fussy eater and I found out why after all these years: zinc deficiency. I corrected my zinc deficiency and I'm still very fussy (not surprising after all these decades) but I recently discovered to my shock the delicious flavour of tomatoes in an egg, cheese and bacon frittata. :)

The Trojan Horse Technique for Feeding Picky Eaters...

"Zinc deficiency - Many children are deficient in zinc, a critically important nutrient. Consequences of zinc deficiency are picky eating and a limited appetite. Processed foods, such as bagels, pasta, breads, pretzels, cereals, instant oatmeal, and crackers - which raise blood glucose - easily deplete zinc.

Look for foods with fiber content of five grams or more per serving, so as not to raise glucose levels. A lack of zinc distorts the sensory perception of taste, smell, and textures. A zinc deficient palate is unable to detect the subtle flavors of vegetables. Even after correcting the zinc deficiency, eating problems can persist, based on sensory memory."

Blank
wow..thanks for your insight and wisdom.Greatly appreciated.
Someone told me if you have zinc deficiency that you will have horizontal white lines on your fingernails...was that true with you.
Blank
1756321_tn?1377771734
I had a zinc taste test for free at my local pharmacy and it showed I had zinc deficiency.  I think I might of had white spots on my nails. I had other symptoms like poor sense of smell and taste and night blindness.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Thyroid Disorders Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
Marathon Running Done Over Many Yea...