Thyroid Disorders Community
In need of serious help!!!!!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

In need of serious help!!!!!

I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism in 2007 and never got treated for it.  Now I have been diagnosed with subclinical hyperthyroidim and I am losing my self control.  It all started in July os August when I had a serious panic attack out of the blue.  For the past 6 months I have been dealing with anxiety, panic attacks, rapid heartbeat, feelings of waling in a dream, crying spells, mood swings, shortness of breath, depression, intolerant to heat and cold, weight loss, brain fog, itching, fear, paranoia and total despair.  I was put on methalazine (I think I spelled that right), 10mg per day.  I took one pill and had a major panic attack.  Somebody please tell me what is going on.  I know that I need to take the medicine but I have medicine anxiety!!!!  will this ever end or will I be a prisoner of my fears forever!!!!!!!!
It will end - be patient.

It can be a long road for some - but it will happen.
Its just a little pill and it will give you such a great quality of life that you will wonder why you ever hesitated to take it. As Stella said it will take some time. Keep coming here for encouragement We have been and know how it feels.
Love Venora
Thank you so much!!!!  My family and friends don't understand how I feel right now.  All I want is my life back and to feel normal again.