Infrared Therapy (Light Therapy) for scarring and post surgery pain?
Has anyone tried Infrared Therapy (like Lumen Photon:  http://www.lumenphoton.com/) for their post surgery pain and/or scarring?  I have been doing research and they have had some amazing results with it, so I ordered one.  Apparently, it speeds up collagen production which lessens, and in some cases eliminates altoghether, scarring and is very effective for post surgery pain.  I will let everyone know how mine heals and how the pain is.  Surgery not yet on the calendar, but likely in first two weeks of April.

Also, there seems to be a question in the medical community about the effectiveness of the LID:  http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11525267?dopt=Abstract
Basically saying that when it was introduced there was a lot more iodine in food (probably to prevent deficiencies) and that the results of those that adhered to it weren't all that different from those that did not pre-RAI.
Not sure if this is similar to what dermatologists use?  My Dermatologist suggested I heal au 'natural for better healing .. but ea. person is different scenario .. mine was not healing as nicely as assumed in the beginning bcz of an incisional infection.  

I would certainly run by a Doctor .... get his/her advice ... I really would do that first before using it.

My two cents .. Cheryl
My physical therapist used this when I was recovering from a torn ligament in my foot. She said it's supposed to speed up the healing process. I didn't have any surgery so I don't know how it works with scarring. But it didn't hurt, like some of the exercises I had to do, so it was a nice break. Would love to hear what you find out.

- Viv
OH .. I had the light therapy at phys therapy for my tibial tendonitis and it did help alot ... I was thinking it was the light therapy used by dermatologist's of some sort .....

Cheryl