Aa
A
A
Close
Iodine Plus 2
Has anyone checked out The Woman's Health Institute of Texas website? On this site they're selling a supplement called Iodine Plus 2. I'm wondering if anyone out there has tried it, or knows of anyone who has. ?
Cancel
2 Answers
Page 1 of 1
1299122_tn?1281044016
I did. When I was first diagnosed with hypothyroid I'd read that iodine was a natural way to support thyroid health and saw an advertisement for IodinePlus2. I purchased 3 bottles linked to a website I was browsing. Unfortunately about 3 days after I received the bottles as a result of my continued research on autoimmune thyroid disease (Hashimotos Thyroiditis) I read that iodine is not recommended. I'd read it was like adding gasoline on a fire.
It would be good to research the use of iodine/iodide thoroughly and even discuss it with your doctor before using it as a precaution.
Comment
Cancel
1299122_tn?1281044016
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
649848_tn?1424570775
While Iodine can be contraindicated in the case of Hashimoto's; there are some people who use it successfully.  I would not recommend doing it without your doctor's blessing and help, as it could cause more trouble than it solves.
Comment
Cancel
649848_tn?1424570775
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Iodine Plus 2
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Thyroid Disorders Community Resources