Aa
A
A
Close
Iodine Plus 2
Has anyone checked out The Woman's Health Institute of Texas website? On this site they're selling a supplement called Iodine Plus 2. I'm wondering if anyone out there has tried it, or knows of anyone who has. ?
Cancel
2 Answers
Page 1 of 1
1299122 tn?1281044016
I did. When I was first diagnosed with hypothyroid I'd read that iodine was a natural way to support thyroid health and saw an advertisement for IodinePlus2. I purchased 3 bottles linked to a website I was browsing. Unfortunately about 3 days after I received the bottles as a result of my continued research on autoimmune thyroid disease (Hashimotos Thyroiditis) I read that iodine is not recommended. I'd read it was like adding gasoline on a fire.
It would be good to research the use of iodine/iodide thoroughly and even discuss it with your doctor before using it as a precaution.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
649848 tn?1474485941
While Iodine can be contraindicated in the case of Hashimoto's; there are some people who use it successfully.  I would not recommend doing it without your doctor's blessing and help, as it could cause more trouble than it solves.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Thyroid Disorders Community Resources