Thyroid Disorders Community
Iodine Urine test...
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Iodine Urine test...

Hi everyone, I have just been diagnosed with adrenal problems but my doctor also wants to test my thyroids with a iodine urine test.  All blood tests came back normal so this is another route we are taking. It comes with the bottle to collect the urine, instructions on how to mail the test out and a huge Iodine pill for me to take before the test.  I'm just a little confused about what I can and cannot eat 48 hours before the test.  I'm not suppose to eat anything with Iodine or salt but is sea salt okay?  Any other suggestions.  Thank you in advance.
Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Well I got my test results back from the urine test and my iodine levels are 24 and the levels SHOULD be 45.  So what does that mean.  Am I hypo?  I was given a prescription for Iodoral to take every other day for the next month.  I don't know anything about Iodoral and I was expecting the doctor to say I might need Armour or something.  I hope Iodoral will be able to help with the weight gain and my temperature extremes.
Blank
393685_tn?1325870933
This is actually called an iodine loading test and can be very helpful in seeing if you have thyroid problems. Adrenal and thyroid issues go hand-in-hand - so be happy this doctor is looking at both situations.

Ioderal is a supplement to assist the thyroid and is very good for overall health in other areas. I have been on Ioderol for almost a year now and I do find is very good  for my situation. I no longer have human thyroid fuction left and take thyroid replacement to keep my body functioning well. The Ioderol made a difference for me with basal temp - metobolism - mood - and mental clarity.
Blank
Thank you so much for replying.  I am so sorry to hear about your thyroid situation but I am glad you found something that works for you.  So do you take any other thyroid meds along with the Ioderal, such as Armour?
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Thyroid Disorders Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Control Emotional Eating with this ...