Iodine or radioactive PILL
Has anyone had the option of taking a Iodine or Radioactive PILL?  My biospy came back negative but the tests show a HOT module on the left side.  My doctor has suggest a PILL instead of surgery.  It has a 80% chance of killing the Mass that is growing.  I a worried about the side effects.  According to the doctors office, I can not sleep with my spouse for 72 hours?  Does anyone know side effects this might have?
So sorry your post was overlooked.  If this happens in the future, you can reply to your own post.  Just type in Bump and it will get pushed back up to the first page.
Iodine or Radio Active pill? This is the title to your question.

RAI - is radio active iodine. It comes in a pill form and patients can be treated with it for Graves disease or other types of thyroid disease issues.

Pure iodine only has nothing to do with radio active iodine

You have a hot nodule which is most likely producing thyroid hormone - so you may be a candidate to take this Radio active treatment to kill the functioning nodule off. Depending on your dose, which in almost all cases now a days, they will be giving you a dose of RAI that will ablate/destroy the entire function of the thyroid too. This then will bring you to a state of hypOthyroidism - and will require you to take thyroid medication for the rest of your life.

SIde effects range from person to person and the dosing of needed thyroid medication after the gland is ablated for life is often tricky to pin point.

I think you would benefit reading some information on Hypothyroidism to see the symptoms/side effects you may develop after you take the RAI.

Also the isolation after RAI and they precautions you need to follow are very important. You should read alot about those things too.

Yes - you must isolate yourself after RAI . it can be up to 5 to 10 days after the treatment. Isolation is not the only thing you need to do after RAI - I think in Health Pages at the top of the forum page to the right has the instructions on RAI