Is a cortisol level of .8 normal?
I recently had blood work done. As usual, they just had a receptionist call and say, "Everything is fine." However, due to screw ups in the past, I've begun to ask for copies of all of my tests. On this particular test, it says my cortisol level is <0.8 (less than point eight) ug/dl.

It then shows reference ranges that are morning: 3.7-19 ug/dl and evening: 2.9-17.3 ug/dl.

I had this particular test done at 8am on an empty stomach.

I'll spare the long list of symptoms and reasons I stil think something is wrong beyond this. If <0.8 is normal, then it's normal.

Much thanks in advance for any replies from someone with a medical background or personal experience.

I think you should call the doctor back and ask how a test result of .8, which is well below the reference range fo 3.7 - 19 ug/dl, can be interpreted as "Everything is fine".  It makes me wonder if someone mistakenly read the result as 8 instead of .8.  Something just doesn't add up.  
Agree with gimel....someone either misread the lab report or doesn't know what they're talking about.