Is anyone on Armour?
Is anyone in our group on Armour and if so are you good with it? What are pro's and con's of say Armour and or Synthoid etc.
I go to Endo on monday so I want to be intelligent about this...thanks
Lisa

PS got my stiches out today and my scar line is absolutely flawless... it will heal up great inspite of blowing the first stich set. Doc says my site looks good inspite of added trauma...
We are on Armour Thyroid - 1gr/day.   No problems so far after a couple of months and we are both feeling better.  
Mother in law has been on Armour for 40 years.  She has no problems and refuses when they try to put her on synthroid.  I love that woman.  She is getting very frustrated by the fact that I have yet to find a dr that will even prescribe Armour thyroid.  When the rumors started going around again last fall about Armour being discontinued, I emailed Forrest Pharm.  A very nice man returned my email almost immediately and advised of the re-tooling of his plant.  He advised that if my mother in law was getting to where she needed to have more meds, to have the pharmecy contact him and he'd see that she'd get a drop-shipment asap.  He never once bashed the competition and I have given that opportunity to do so as I'm thinking the competition doesn't hesitate to do so.  That part is just my opinion.  I could be wrong.  I guess.  I was once.  : )  : )  : P
I need help.  I feel I am allergic to my thyroid meds.  I can not tolerate any synthetic meds.  When I began armour it was a miracle.  But now the allergic reactions are coming back.  I can not breathe.  I have shortness of breath.  I am taking 90 mg.  My blood work says it it the right dose.  Why can't I breathe?  If I stop the meds my shortness if breath disappears within a day or two.  
When I was 16 I got radiation treatment for acne.  That is why my thyroid function is depressed.  I am 57 and have been on thyroid meds since I was 35.  I quit taking thyroid for 5 years because of the allergic breathing issues and after going in for a physical I was put on a heart moniter.  My doctor said I would be dead in 5 years if I kept refusing to take my thyroid meds.  I am sitting here typing and I can hardly breathe.  I just keep sucking air.  I am trying to take xanax to keep from stopping my meds but that certainly isn't the long term answer...Are there any alternatives???
I just read Dr. Blanchard's book and he talked about allergies to meds... if you are truly allergic- there are meds that most people are less allergic to and compound pharmacies can make your med and thus "remove" the allergen
I take Armour and have problems with my eyes and tightness in the chest, but it's still better than what I felt with synthetics.  So you are saying we can have our thyroid meds compounded to remove something is making us allergic?  I take it we need to be tested for this allergy, but would the endocinologist do it or our regular doctor?
.4 to 4.5 is the range that is considered normal for tsh   the lower end  .4 means that you re at the high limit of thyroid meds.  I just found out that my tsh is .4, so with my history of being so sensitive to thyroid meds I beleive this tightness in my chest is due to that number......I  have stopped my thyroid because I can't literally breathe and will try to get my tsh to 4.5 or even a little higher.....it takes a long time to reduce thyroid levels in your stystem   I stopped taking armour 7 days ago and the intensity  is decreasing but my tightness and anxiety levels are still intolerable......I am hoping to resume armour in 5 to 7 days but reduce my original dosage 0f 90....I will begin with 60 and maybe end up with 75....I am so glad to hear from someone else who experiences the tightness in the chest......it is a horrible feeling....especially because you know you need thyroid meds but the meds create chaos in your body.....most doctors dimiss me as crazy......and as far as sythetic thyroids are concerned I can't even look at them let alone put one in my mouth
My doctor said that my thyroid meds could not possibly make me ill although synthetics caused my blood pressure to spike in the 200s/100s.  This ended immediately upon switching to Armour.  But now I'm having other symptoms.  Called a pharmacy yesterday to inquire about compounding a thyroid med to remove substances that could cause an allergic reaction.  Waiting to hear back from them.
You aren't crazy, doctors just don't want to hear that something is difficult and no main stream.
I take Armour after many years on Synthroid. I had to switch endos because my old endo refused to let me even try it. Synthroid was just not working for me. I looked for an endo that would be willing to let me try it and found one. I wasn't even sure that it would work for me because of all the bad things I read about it, I just wanted to try it and any doctor that doesn't work with you on that is not a good doctor. It has made a big difference. For those hypothyroid people where their bodies can't convert the T4 that Synthroid puts in your body (probably because it is a synthetic T4) Armour is the solution. And if you have allergy issues with the fillers that Armour uses there's always Nature-Throid. It is just like Armour but the fillers are hypoallergenic. Synthroid is a structurally changed T4 hormone. They had to alter it to be able to patent it. The structural change done to it is bad for your body. I saw a picture of the molecular structure of a natural one and the Syntrhoid one and they are different. And with that change they are introducing who knows what in your body.
Applesan, try Nature-Throid. It is made by RLC Labs. If you google Nature-Throid you will find all the information you need.
I just want to mention that the company that makes Armour changed the formula and alot of people are getting bad side effects from the new formula. There is another thyroid medicine that works as good as the old armour formula it is called Naturethroid, please try it if the old formula worked good for you but the new formula is not working.
I am also on Armour and while not 100% yet but I have lost the constipation which is a huge relief.

I do feel I have more energy then before could still use tons more.

And I had horrible hair loss on levo and hives.

I am glad to have armour and would suggest to try it if it does not work with your body then try another.

I am also one who has PCOS and Fibrocystic Breasts, and adreanal fatigue, seveare lower back problems and take bio progesterone, hydrocortizone, and 3 grains armour.  
Biggest improvement with the progesterone is the headaches I used to get daily they are no longer a problem.
And the hydrocortizone seems to help with the fatigue but has a very short life about 3 1/2 hours before I am dragging.
I am an active 46yr old single father who has been taking Levothyroxine (.175Mg) for the last six plus years.  There has been a significant weight gain from the point my thyroid was removed to date.  I went from 185 pounds to over 225 while still playing hockey several times a week.  After extensive exercise and dieting I have only managed to drop down to my current weight of 212 pounds.  

The thyroid was removed aprox 1 yr after a divorce.  Six years later I find myself still depressed and just can't seem to get out of the funk.  Recently my doctor prescribed 180 Mg of Armour and I am hoping this will help.  I can't thank all of you enough for your contributions in that I have attributed a lot of my symptoms to hockey. I am one of those people who, prior to this condition, went to the doctor for stitches or broken bones mostly.  I passed off a lot of what I now realize are symptoms of hypo as consequences of my still playing hockey at my age.  I grew up playing and just love the sport so don't want to give it up just yet.

Tomorrow I start the Armour and am anxiously waiting to see if the aches and pains along with the headaches improves.  Was also surprised to see that memory loss could be attributed to all of this and not my age!  Sure am hoping that improves as well.  

My question is this.  I had Hodgkins lymphoma back in the 90's and my spleen was removed.  The chemo and radiation cured the cancer but the radiation is what they say caused my Thyroid to go bad.  I am wondering what Armour may do to my immune system?  Also has anyone had any positive results in their work out program after switching to Armour?  I have no problem making my ice time most of the time but it is VERY difficult to get motivated to hit the weights and stationary.  Any thoughts on any of this would be greatly appreciated.

Starsfan
I had RAI on my thyroid gland 20years ago. I have Graves.  The Radiation you had I'm sure put your thyroid gland to rest. Anyway, my body reacted horrible with armour....BUT I loved the way I felt.  My body rejected it and I developed Sjogrens and Thyroid eye disease from taking it....or that's what I believe.  I would always recommend TRYING out natural!!  I wish I could take armour.  I wish your luck,,,,,,,but I think this is your answer!!  Be well.
Laura
Surprising to see all of these posts with so many of the common syptoms of gluten intolerance, including thyroid problems, aches and pains of all kinds, adrenal issues, and the list goes on...but no one has mentioned gluten intolerance or celiacs.  I have removed gluten from my diet  over the past few months and have already felt much better.  I'm 57 and was beginning to think I was developing arthritis in my wrists, elbows, back and legs. I also had arm muscle weakness and pain if I lifted anything at all.  I had stomach issues, and I now believe that the adrenal issues I had discovered through saliva testing may have been the result of gluten intolerance.  Look into gluten intolerance and you may discover that the pain, fatigue, thyroid, adrenal and all other hormnal imbalances could actually be the product of allergy to this protein that is in many of the processed foods we eat.  While I first thought my problems were the result of hormonal imbalance, now I think the first culprit is this allergy, which stresses the adrenals, and in turn affects many other bodily processes.  I'm still working on the adrenals and thyroid...just saw a new doctor who did blood work and didn't find any thyroid imbalance there...but based on my symptoms she has prescribed Armour at the very smallest amount 3 x a week which I will start tomorrow.   I'm also trying to nourish my adrenals back to health using high potency vitamin C by Dr. Joseph Wilson, adrenal specialist.  Not saying this is everyone's problem, but certainly something to look into. In fact in my reading I saw information that a large percentage of Hashimoto's sufferers are gluten intolerant or Celiacs.   I don't really mind not eating any bread, sweets, etc.  Much healthier to eat natural fresh foods anyway.  It is a huge adjustment for most people, but I have already had success, and it is far better to be able to feel good than to enjoy those foods.  No more pain in my arms, wrists, or extremities.  Just wish I could lose about 12 pounds that have appeared over the past year without cause at all.  Hoping to lose that if I can get the thyroid and adrenals working properly again.  Thanks and all the best to you...
Actually gluten intolerance and Celiac disease has been covered here so much this summer that some were told to post it on the alternative therapies board. So, yes, we know about it. It affects some but not all. Thanks for sharing

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
."but based on my symptoms she has prescribed Armour at the very smallest amount 3 x a week which I will start tomorrow."

- you have got to be kidding.!!?  Armour, like all dessicated meds, has T3 in it. T3 is the active hormone which is reponsible for alertness. You can only take T3 everyday unless you want to feel like Superman one day and sleep all day next - that is how you will feel.  This doctor doesn't understand T3 hormone.  

That said, why are you taking Armour if your thyroid is fine ?  Did you get your FT3 and FT4 levels checked? TSH is just a 'messenger' hormone, that test alone is not adequate.
Help!!  My 14 year old daughter was diagnosed with hypothyroidism almost 2 years ago.  She was put on Levothyroxine.  She was put on antidepressants soon after along with an antipsychotic medication.  I was told that depression comes along with hypothyroidism.  I didn't know until today (after reading an article on a web site) that it could be caused by the Levothyroxine.  Any information would be so helpful. Thank you

I have to say I am really impressed with this site - to find others with thyroid problems makes me feel less isolated, it seems thyroid disorders are a mystery to many many doctors out there.  I have some concerns and i hope that some of you here will be able to help me.

First off, I live in the UK, was diagnosed with hypothyroidism last February 2011 and prescribed Levothyroxine 50mcg initially.  I really was in a bad way - I had put on weight and had every symptom of hypothyroidism. My GP slowly increased the dosage up to 200mcg and I felt great for all of 3 weeks then BANG, my symptoms came back with a vengeance.  Initially my TSH was 35, I can't remember my T4.  The GP did another blood test and TSH was 0.67  and T4 13.  I told her I was feeling unwell again and was in so much pain I was crying - even turning over in bed was hurting me.  She refused to refer me to an endocrinologist as she said my levels were within normal limits - I had no idea really what normal meant and what my results meant.
My husband was getting cheesed off and so took me to Germany (he is German and has a colleague who is an endocrinologist).  There I was given an ultrasound of the thyroid, T4 and T3 were measured along with anti-TPO and anti TG as well as cortisol levels.  The ultra sound showed my thyroid gland was barely visible because I had autoimmune disorder - Hashimotos.  He explained that no amount of T4 would do me any good and the initial 'good' feeling that I had was probably just like a car being jump started, running for a short while then unable to go on as there was no fuel - T3. Anti-TG was 576 - normal he said is between 0 to 40. Free T4 was 3.3 ng/dl and free T3 was 14 pg/ml, cortisol was normal at 19 U/ml and anti TPO normal at 16 U/ml.  He said I was hyperthyroid and was probably due to medication and told me to stop for 2 weeks and he put me on Armour 1 grain to begin with.  Because he is in Germany, I can't pop over to see him for a blood test each month until I am stable so I had my bloods taken a week ago by the GP here and the results came back as TSH 0.05, T3 6.3 and T4 9.0.  Can anyone tell me what this means?  Am I still hyper?  My GP said in the UK it is not standard practice to test for T3 because there is no need!!!!  I have to get the Armour from Germany and she said it is unlicensed here in the UK and not safe.  I know that is nonsense - it is safe and I know it is safe as I used it and felt better than I did on Levothyroxine......I will NEVER go back to Levo as I lost so much hair, even more than I had before I started Levo.
I don't understand my lab results and my GP is not playing ball because she feels I am going over her head by being seen by an endo in Germany!!!  What am I supposed to do when here in the UK, she wouldn't refer me to an endo and the only treatment available is T4???
Also, my weight has increased even on Armour and in total, from February this year until now I have gained 13kg!!!!!!!  For me this is a huge amount as I normally weigh 54kg - I have always been slim.  I'm so depressed now as my clothes don't fit me, my GP can't offer help and I feel in the dark. My husband is impatient with me as he can't understand why I feel unwell when I have medication and says if I am hyper, I wouldn't be getting so fat!!!!!  That really hurts to be called fat especially from my husband.
Can anyone here help me understand the lab results and try to shed some light on why I am putting on weight the way I am?  I am VERY careful with my diet now and do something I have never done before and that is count the calories and record everything I eat and drink and I walk between an hour and a half to 2 hours every day so I just don't get it!  I feel hypo - skin is dry and flaky, hair is brittle, I have no va va voom and just can't be bothered to do anything and live in my pj's.  I go out for the hour and a half to 2 hours with my dog - if it wasn't for him I wouldn't bother at all I guess so thanks to him for getting me out.  I don't dress, just slip my jacket over my pj's and throw sunglasses on to hide my puffy tired eyes...........I don't want anti-depressants, I just want my thyroid to stabilise.
Sorry for being such a moan but I have no one else to communicate with - my GP thinks I am a pain in the proverbial and hubby says I have tablets to take so take them and shut up.  Nice huh?
We need the ranges provided from the tests. Then members can help you.

The UK it seems is generally against natural thyroid meds. Many need this to feel normal.

You should make a "UK" post to get the UK people here in touch with you!
im on natural compounded armour, feel much better on it then syntoid, much more normal. symptom free. Kevin
love it!
  Four months ago my new DO put me on Armour- 1 grain 1X in the am.
She said my thyroid was borderline. I didn't have any symptoms of hypo.
She use the TSH level to diagnose and said the FT3 and FT4 tests were not necessary. Here are my symptoms now:
- numbness in my arms, feet and fingers
- bottom of my feet are very sore no matter what shoe I wear
- muscle ache in the elbows, fingers
- constipation
- hot, which comes on after I take the Armour and leaves hours later (these are not hot flashes)
- weight gain

When I saw her last week she wanted to pump me full of more estrogen and testos. pellets which I declined because of the way they made my breasts swell up and tender for 2 weeks, lose of hair, facial hair growth. I went back on Vivelle-dot patch and test. cream.

I feel miserable. I'm exhausted, depressed, muscle aches, wake up with my arm and fingers numb.

She really did not know what to do with me and suggested the synthetic T4 drug. I left discouraged and with the same dose of 1 grain of Armour a day.

Any suggestions? Thanks so much.
Rather than adding your post to an old thread, you will get lots more notice and response if you will start a new thread by clicking on the orange Post A Question button at top of page and then copy and paste your question there.  
Colletegirl, I have had these symptoms except being hot. See if your GP can up your Armour to 2 grains and see if that helps. If your thyroid is shot and not working you need around 2 grains to get to feeling normal, some need 3 grains or more but 2 is a general start. Take 1 grain in the morning before you eat and 1 grain in the afternoon before dinner. See if that helps you, provided your doctor agrees.

That is what I did and I feel much better and all the symptoms are gone. The hot feeling might be in conjunction with a women's issue flaring up when taking Armour and possibly start using a natural progesterone cream will help tremendously with that!

Also insist on taking a Free T3 and Free T4 test and not the usual TSH test. When taking Armour, TSH tests can show normal on a lower dose when really it is still too low. A Free T3 and Free T4 test will show the better range to which your Armour dose needs to be. Your GP then puts your Armour in the good range for the Free T3 and Free T4 tests. Hope that helps!
I have been seeing a Nurse Practioner that prescribes on the natural level.  I saw her 3 months ago and the blood tests really scared me.  My TSH is .048, T4 Free .67, Triiodothyronine Free 1.9 and reverse T 166.  Currently, I take 240 mg a day of armour thyroid, that was upped by 60mg when I saw her last.  She was surprised that I had no weight loss and didn't feel jittery.  My Cholesterol and triglycerides are also high.
I am thinking that I need to go to an endo to have my pituitary looked into.  I read last night that a common cause of hypopituitarism is a head injury.  I had a severe head injury and hit the back of my head on a cement floor.  As a result, I lost my sense of smell.  I cannot smell anything.  Reading this concerned me very much, so today I mad an appt. with an endo dr. for next week. Any thoughts would be helpful.
You've attached this post to a very old thread.  If you will please re-post under your own name by clicking on the orange Post a Question at the top, then it will be much more noticeable and get more response.
I have taken both  and have no side effects from either, but I
was told by a friend who researched all her meds that Armour
is a more natural type of medication ...

don't worry
Sachey
I was on Synthroid for almost 3 years, and constantly told my doctor that I felt like total crap, and the anxiety was also disturbing. The dr also tried adding cytomel and that gave me EXTREME HEADACHES!. After I could not stand the way I felt anymore, and knowing I had to be on something as I lost my thyroid to cancer, I wanted to try the natural alternative--ARMOUR..and I can tell you...that within 2 days....2 DAYS!!! I felt totally different. The sad part is I do believe that the synthroid killed my kidneys to a point that they are now operating at 50 percent. I am going through testing right now and all the journals tell you that synthroid ends up in your kidneys. Does anyone out there know of anyone else who has had issues with kidneys and synthroid??
I'm not sure if it was Synthroid or not, but since my bout with RAI therapy in 2008 with the subsequent trial and error of thryoid meds, which included Synthroid, a CT scan found a mass on my left kidney and I had to have cryosurgery.  There are also other spots in my kidneys that have the potential of growing as well.  I was on and off Synthroid in 2010 and finally stopped it due to side effects.
My doc decided to put me on Armour for low thyroid but after about 3 weeks I noticed something very wrong was going on with me. I was getting upset easly and was always angry. Everyday I cryed and felt hopeless and sooooo depresed it was so horrible because I would get into arguments with my teenage son and my husband and everyone around me, at some point i felt so disconected from my body I wanted to die. So I went to my doctor and we decided to stop the medication he told me that this was the cause of my sympthoms. I got home and started searching diffrent websites and found out that Armour can elevate your adrenaline. I think mine was up high. I want to start taking iodine potasium it used to workfor me. Good luck!
Very informative thread :)  
"Armour can elevate your adrenaline."

- Hu??  Not really.

Armour has T3 in it, like any brand of natural thyroid replacement medicine. T3 has a much more noticeable effect on energy than T4 and can take months (not three weeks) for the body to adjust to this difference. If to high a starting dose is administered, a temporary medicine induced hypErthyroid state may occur, not elevated adrenaline from the adrenal glands. This confuses people even though they are two different energy hormones.

If anything, adrenal gland fatigue is thought to be more easily noticed when natural thyroid meds are used due to the increased stress on the adrenals. Thyroid and adrenals work in tandem in stressful situations, if one is weak the other may follow. With adrenal fatigue, one can have extreme difficulty in stressful situations. With this condition, the fatigued adrenals need to be addressed and are usually treated in a holistic manner.
I liked armour the only issue is that they are in short supply alot as well as the doses can change from mmonth to month as it's more natural. My doc switched me to levothroxine I hate it I feel like im going crazy more tiered and just feel like im off going to have to find something different. any ideas
Armour is no longer in short supply.  There are other alternatives for a combo T4/T3 NDT med.  Those are Nature-Throid and Erfa, which comes from Canada.  I think the issue of inconsistency is propaganda put out by the Pharmaceutical companies that sell T4 meds.  I have never noticed anything I could relate to inconsistency.  
I am not on Armour but my brother is. His endocrinologist decided to change him to it from synthroid b/c it makes the T4. So, when I was diagnosed I asked my doctor about the Armour and she wasn't really thrilled about it. When I asked why she said, "B/c it's not FDA regulated and is considered an herbal. " She didn't feel there had been enough testing done on it. IDK, but I do know that the Levothyroxine is working for me. 75 mcg. and my numbers are 1.75.
I'd say that your doctor is either not well informed about Armour, or she has bought into the "T4 only" position of the AACE and ATA and others.   You mentioned that the Levo is working for you.  Is that based on how you feel (no symptoms) or on the TSH test?  Were other thyroid related tests done for you, like Free T3 and Free T4?  If so, would you please post those results and their reference ranges shown on the lab report so that we can see what levels are working for you.

If you haven't been tested for Free T3 and Free T4 (not the same as Total T3 and Total T4), then you should request that the Frees be done each time you go in for testing.  Those tests are much more reliable and reveal much more about thyroid status than TSH.
Where is your doctor? I live in north Alabama. I need a doctor who will prescribe armour and adjust if need be.
i live in North Alabama. can anyone help me find a doctor who will prescribe Armour? I have mild heart palpitations & wish they would go away. I am on 75mcg Synthroid & take 2.5 mcg cytomel in morning. please help me
NORTH ALABAMA looking for a doctor who will treat with armour thyroid. can anyone help me please! I am having mild PVC's (heart palpitations). Taking synthroid 75 mcg & cytomel 2.5 mcg. please help. i am hypothyroid. My tsh is 1.5 dont know the others. i am hypo not hyper...So why heart palpitations!! have had stress test showed my heart was good so IDK
PM gimel about a doctor in your area.  He keeps a list of doctors recommended by thyroid patients.

Heart palps are a very common symptom of hypO.  

You have attached your comment to this thread that is very old and very long (slow loading).  It would be best if you went to the top of the page, hit the "Post a Question" button and started your own new thread.  That way, we can address your individual concerns.
From FDA files-read all of it, here is an excerpt:
It is evident from this more recent data that there is a trend of potency loss in levothyroxine sodium products, with some formulations showing potency amounts approaching 90 percent of labeled potency by the established expiration date.  Although all approved levothyroxine sodium products meet the current potency specifications, the stability data provided to the Agency revealed that the potency of several of these products declines rapidly over the labeled shelf life, representing variable stability patterns and resulting in varied shelf lives.  This variability is reflected in expiration dating periods that establish shelf life that vary between these products—from a minimum of 8 months to a maximum of 24 months.   http://www.fda.gov/Drugs/DrugSafety/PostmarketDrugSafetyInformationforPatientsandProviders/ucm161266.htm
I need a good endocrinologist that takes Medicare/Medicaid if there is such a thing.  I have "Peripheral Tissue Thyroid Hormone Resistance" it may be partial, I don't know.  The Scary part is I had to figure it out for myself in order to save my life.  Now I need someone who can help me manage it.  I did well for 4 years, but had a sudden turn for the worse after a stay in a Nursing Home for a broken hip. I am currently on the starting dose (125mcg) of Liothyronine (T3) for this disorder and I need to go up. I live in Western WA.
This thread is so old, it's unlikely you will get a response on it.  It would be much better if you start a new thread of your own, with your location as part of  the title.  

You can start a new thread, by clicking on the orange "Post a Question" button at the top of this page, type in your question, then click the green "Post a Comment" button at the bottom. When you post a new thread, be sure to include actual thyroid hormone levels, along with reference ranges.  Hopefully, you are getting FT3 and FT4, along with your TSH.  Do you know if you have Hashimoto's Thyroiditis?

I've never heard of a "starting dose" of 125 mcg of T3 medication.
Most helpful!  I have the exact same problem - low thyroid & acid reflex.  Recently started Armour, yet troubling my tummy & making me feel worse (yet better in some ways).  Gonna try your method of dividing doses and putting under tongue - great expectations!
IT TOOK ME YEARS, TO GET ARMOUR THYROID AGAIN. BUT, I AM DOING BETTER NOW THAT I GOT BACK ON IT. GONE IS THE "FOG", AND THE TIREDNESS FEELING I HAD, MY SKIN IS CHANGINE FRO DRY TO NORMAL. AND MY FEET AREN'T COLD ANY MORE. I FEEL LIKE A HUMAN AGAIN! THAT WAS IN 2 WEEKS,  I'M SO AMASED!!
I switched from acella 90mg NP thyroid.to armour 120 which was too high.anyway my breasts grew 2 inches while taking it anyway I'm trying half to 60mg now of armour  to see how that goes.I have a lot of anger issues anyone else have these symptoms
Have you had your adrenal glands checked? Sounds like Cushings disease/syndrome. I had and adrenal tumor and had these same symptoms. Had it removed and lost 50 lbs. immediately........
I was just wondering if the thyrostim helped you? I am desperate and there has been much debate between my endo saying my thyroid is fine and my nutritionist saying it is not. My T3 is low and I suffer from all the symptoms with no other reasons found by doctors as to why. I am desperate to lead a normal active life but I am scared to take thyrostim in the event I don't have a full blown low thyroid problem. I don't want to make it worse. Any information would be so appreciated.
Please post your thyroid related test results and reference ranges shown on the lab report and let us give you our opinion about your status.  Also, please tell us about your symptoms.
I have been on Armour since the beginning of the summer. My last period was July 4th. My periods were debilitating to say the least. Missed work, would always bleed through, sometimes vomit. So skipping them has been great for my career. Twice I've noticed a little pink blood, but to me this is spotting not a period. I've had a large weight gain since starting Armpur, my appetite is massive about an hour after I take my Armour. There are pros though. Severe headaches I had on Synthroid are gone, I sleep better than I have since I was a kid, and I have less brain fog. But I miss my think attractive figure so I am stuck in the middle. That bloating women get before her period, I can't get rid of. Mt doc has kept me on it because my TSH was .83 so maybe someday I will level out. None of this is as bad as my symptoms were when I got diagnosed for sure. Night sweats, severe bradycardia and emotional outburst are in the past now. Very concerned over periods though, I am still in my 30's.  
When trying to assess thyroid status, the most important indicator is symptoms, as well as levels of the biologically active thyroid hormones, Free T4 and Free T3.  When taking thyroid med, TSH becomes irrelevant because it is so often suppressed when taking med adequate to relieve symptoms.   So a good thyroid doctor will treat a hypothyroid patient clinically by testing and adjusting Free T4 and free T3 levels as needed to relieve symptoms, without being influenced by resultant TSH levels.  Symptom relief should be all important, not test results and especially not TSH results.  

So please tell us your Armour dosage, and post your thyroid related test results and reference ranges shown on the lab report.   Also please list all your current symptoms.