Thyroid Disorders Community
Is blood cortisol test accurate
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Is blood cortisol test accurate

Hi,
I had my blood cortisol tested at 2pm yesturday.  My level is 9.3.  I am doing 24 hour urine cortisol test now, and the hostpital does not do 24 hour cortisol saliva test.  

I have severe adreanal fatigue.

I read a book last night called Adrenal fatigue - 21st century, filled out the questionnaire, and scored severe adrenal fatigue, and the Dr. that wrote the book said, 24 hour urine cortisol only test for Addison's disease, not Adrenal fatigue, and only 4% of the population has Addison's.  

This is so frustrating !!!!!!!  Now I am convinced Klonopin, has done permanent damage to my body system.  Every blood/urine test the past 2 years returns normal.  All my trouble began after I stopped taking Klonopin.  

So is 24 hour saliva test the most accurate, for testing Adrenal fatigue ??  Is there a home kit, I can perform the test myself, any information pertaining to adrenal fatigue appreciated.    

If uncomfortable posting answer here, please email.  
Thanks