Is niacin good or bad for thyroid?
I've read conflicting articles saying that niacin is necessary for thyroid function and then some that say it can lower thyroid levels and cause liver damage. I've seen it in some iron supplements and wondered if I needed to stay away from it or if it would be good to take.
There is a lot of controversy over whther it is good or bad for thyroid.
Personally I take it as a supplement vitamin as it is such a small dose with the other multivitamins.
Its never affected my liver and does have good effects from it.
In a multivitimin, I would say that it wouldnt do any harm.
Whatever the body doesnt need in a multivitamin, the body excretes.
If it's already in the multivitamin and then I take more in an iron supplement, will that be too much?
Don't know if this will help or not...  My latest blood tests says my Thyroid levels are now perfect.  I take 65mg Iron pills 2X/day, 250mg Niacin 3X/day.  I also take a few other pills where liver and kidney functions must be watched.  So far everything is working good!  My Iron is still a bit low but we're waiting on the next blood test in three months before we adjust that again.

I take Niacin to lower my cholesterol.  In three months my HDL dropped by two points and LDL dropped like a rock to half what it was.  This is the No-Flush niacin so I don't know if that makes a difference to your question.