Thyroid Disorders Community
Is taking 25mcg of Unithroid for Hashimoto's Thyroiditis a good id...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

Is taking 25mcg of Unithroid for Hashimoto's Thyroiditis a good idea?

I have a high count of peroxidase antibodies and normal levels of thyroid hormones. My TSH was normal too. I was having a lot of hair loss, acne, fatigue, sweating, high testosterone, anxiety, and bloating when they checked my thyroid and found the antibodies. We checked for all kinds of autoimmune diseases and didn't find any so I was diagnosed with Hashimoto's. My doctor decided to try me on 25mcg of Unithroid to possibly help with the symptoms. I have been on it a month and I have developed HUGE painful pimples on my back and shoulders and more acne on my face than before I started. I am still as tired as I was before and still have all the other symptoms. I am going back to my doctor in a couple of weeks, but I was just wondering why these pimples have come up and am I going to have to try something different before they will go away?? Should I just wait it out and see if things get better in a couple more months? Do you think taking 25mcg of Unithroid was the right way to go? Thank you so much for listening!
Hashi- is a difficult case to crack.

Yes I think you should stay on the meds.

I know for many years during my hypo time - I had skin as dry as a elephant.

Now as I have beem able to be inbalance - I find I know have the pimple thing going on.

It's a bit awkward at 43 walking around with chin zits now.