Thyroid Disorders Community
Is this hypothyroidism?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

Is this hypothyroidism?

I am 26.5 yr old lady, my weight is 150 lbs, height 5.3 feet
My lab report says, TSH no reflex 4.89 mIU/L (high) but the T4 is 1.0 ng/dL that falls in normal range.
I am 13 weeks pregnant, should i start some medication?
Not really enough information.

A TSH of almost 5 would for many people be Hypo and need medication.  TSH is only an indicator and a poor one at that.  Unfortunately many Dr's believe that it is the gold standard and will rely on nothing but TSH.  Those Dr's will keep you sick.

What symptoms are you having?  Two of the more common ones may be hard to determine for you being pregnant as both weight gain and fatigue happens when Pregnant.

Also it is not listed whether the T4 test was for TOTAL T4 or FREE T4.  Total T4 which it likely probably is what was tested for you is an outdated test and not very helpful.

You really need the FREE T3 and FREE T4 tests.  Many Dr's will resist that.  Find a Dr. who WILL test for them.
That value is for T4, Free, they tested my blood twice in a gap of two weeks, in both T4 value remains same. but for TSH in the first one it was 4.95 and second was 4.89. They didnt give any result for T3. I have no idea why?

Now, my OBG has prescribed Levoxyl 25 mcg.

I have two questions:
If my body is secreting enough Thyroid hormone whether for this more TSH is required or not how does it matter, why I need to take extra hormone for the body, wouldnt extra hormone affect me? Wouldnt it stop the normal recovery of the system.

secondly, can rapid weight gain also trigger thyroid malfunctioning, last year in 7-8 months i gained almost 20 lbs i became 158 lbs from 136 lbs. that time I didnt check my thyroid but last year in March/apr it was normal and my weight was 140 lbs.