Itchy Neck?
I have an itchy neck for a while now I told my sister I think its to do with my thyroid. Does or did anyone else experience this symptom or is it in my head?
What is your thyroid background to date?
I have had a fna in a complex nodule with results of hurthle cells and awaiting the results of second fna on a solid nodule, which I will get thursday as well as a date for surgery for total removal of my thyroid.
Thanks for the info. I thought the itch might be from thyroid meds. or matter of fact, any meds.   I had a reaction to brown dye in meds. which made me itch starting at pelvic area, moving to the sides of the under arm  and then up to my neck and side of face/chin area. So I was relating to that when I read neck itch.
I have read where all over itching can be related to thyroid. Dry itchy skin also, etc.  Anything is possible and nothing surprising.
Good luck with the nodule results, I hope it comes out
non-cancer. The same with your surgery.
thank you, will keep this site up to date with what is happening. What a great site to go to for support!
I don't know exactly why you are itching, but during some of my worst times with Graves' Disease, my neck and throat itched so bad around my thyroid I had to wear turtle neck shirts to cover up the marks because I couldn't stop.  Talk to your doctor.
My problem started off with swollen lymph nodes on the back of my neck a week ago. now the lumps have gone down but I'm constantly scracthing the area along with my scalp, and thighs to the point where the scratching causes bruises on my thighs.  please help!
I take Armour thyroid and my neck still itches.
I have the same problem with my neck and scalp. Sometimes the rest of my body too. Not sure what it is, but the itching started when my thyroid symptoms got worse.