Jack
After I have stopped taking levothyroxin, from being overdosed, how long before the side affects subside?
What is your condition?
Spikes in blood pressure, rapid and irregular heart beat, nervousness, hand tremors, nausea, skin rash, blurred and double vision, dry mouth, depression, confusion, and a lot more. I stopped taking the medication on the morning of 2-8-12 after I finally found out that I was overdosed.
Thank You Very Much
Thank You Very Much
Why were you taking levo in the first place? Do you have Graves Disease? Hashimoto's? Nodules? Your symptoms sound like any number of thyroid conditions, post your levels and any other pertinent information and we may be able to help.
By the way, when my thyroid was removed, it took several weeks to get really hypo.
I have a nodule, and my FT-4 was at the low end. I have moved, and have a new primary MD. She did blood wk and told me my thyroid was out of whack. She told me to cut back from 100mcg of levothyroxin to 75mcg. I did for one week, then to 50mcg, then 25mcg and as of 2-8-12 I have not taken, but still have all the side affects of overdosed. I have a appt. with a new Endo but not until 2-20-12. I even went to the ER here at the hospital with a list of my medications and side affects and at that time I did not know that I was overdosed. They told me to go to my primary DR as they did not treat high blood pressure and that rapid heart at times was nothing to worry about.