Just fatigued
I have an appointment with an endocronologist in March, but I find that on some days like today I am too tired to move.  I am currently on synthyroid and provigil for narcolepsy which I take daily, but I am still so tired I can not move.  My mother has goiters, aunts and uncles with hyperthyroidism, and I have nodules on my thyroid.  Does anyone have adrenal failure?  If so is extreme fatigue a symptom?  I feel like everyone thinks that I am just lazy, but I work full time and don't have the energy to do much more.  My husband is always pushing me to get out and walk, and I really, really want to do that but I can't.  I just keep gaining weight and losing my hair.  Can anyone relate, or can anyone have any suggestion on how to proceed?
Adrenal fatigue can cause the same symptoms as low thyroid.  I had my adrenals checked by my naturopath and a saliva test.  He put me on 5mgs of DHEA at night.  Seems to have helped me.  I am still hypo, though and working on getting my TSH level.  Without the DHEA, I believe I would not have the little energy that I can muster up during the day.  I also take B complex with C and Vit D3 which I think helps for energy and depresstion, too.  They can check your DHEA and cortisol with the blood test, but it only measures at the time of day you have the test done.  The saliva test measures at several times of the day.  Mine is extremely low in the AM.  Hope this helps.